Supermarket Chain Blasted For Selling Pre-Peeled Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is even stupider than the pre-wrapped (in foil) baking potatoes they came out with around 30 to 40 years ago. They didn't stop to think that we like to wash our potatoes before baking them.

Bananas come with their own natural wrapping. They don't need to have unfriendly environment wrappings.

BTW, do any of you know what they call those strings that you pull off when you peel a banana?

Rags. :angel:

BTW, do any of you know what they call those strings that you pull off when you peel a banana?

Rags.
Technically, they're called "vascular bundles", of which there are two types: xylem and phloem. (believe it or not, I once considered a career in botany, and this was the kind of boring stuff we had to learn)

But I like rags better.

Billa's common sense was a little lacking. As Samuel Clemens put it, "The trouble with common sense is that it isn't nearly common enough."

I see their customers thought it was really dumb.

Technically, they're called "vascular bundles", of which there are two types: xylem and phloem. (believe it or not, I once considered a career in botany, and this was the kind of boring stuff we had to learn)

But I like rags better.

Rags is what plantation workers call them. :angel:

That is even stupider than the pre-wrapped (in foil) baking potatoes they came out with around 30 to 40 years ago. They didn't stop to think that we like to wash our potatoes before baking them.

I remember that, Barbara.:wacko: I recently saw individual potatoes in plastic shrink wrap labeled "microwave ready". double wacko :wacko: :wacko:

Oh Yes. Let's get rid of Mother Natures natural wrappings and replace it with our chemical filled product. Yes, peeling a banana is easier then trying to find the end of that silly plastic wrap.

Back
Top Bottom