Support for csalt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://I'm overjoyed! he's home and can now start the journey towards full recovery. Thanks so much for all the supportive messages and prayers.:)

csalt,
I bet having Mr.csalt home is such a relief..Hope the recovery is swift and things back to normal quickly..YIPPEEEEEEE:)

kadesma

He really enjoyed his cheese omelette, sautee potatoes and minty peas for his tea; and my great joy to cook it for him.

He had a terrible night last night and I feel so useless because there is not very much ( other than trying to ensure he is comfortable) I can do to help; just be the sounding board and listening ear.

pschologically I think it must be a hard thing to go through, let6 alone the physical pain, but I think you are probably doing what you need to: just listening and loving. Make sure he eats food that will aid his recovery and be easy to digest while he is laid up: as well as something spirit lifting. Strangely true that chicken soup is perfect recovery food! Not least for the carer, because the slow methodical and stress free cooking process is soothing to make as well as eat ;)

Chicken soup, when made from scratch is one of the healthiest foods going. It contains a good amount of collagen, and nutrients extracted from the bone marrow. It has the goodness of the veggies that are put in it, including celery, carrot, onion, etc. I like to put some cubes of firm tofu in mine and turnip as well. Another great addition to chicken soup is celery root. Also, you can replace the starchy noodles with pearl barley, brown rice, or steel-cut oats to make it even more nutritious (but I love whole-wheat dumplings in mine). It is also easy to digest and relatively low in calories. Best of all, it tastes wonderful with a hint of sage, a bit of salt, and pepper.

It's a good thing to give to Mr. CSalt. He will appreciate it, and you, and you can sit by his side with a bowl for you as well.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, I'm a dumpling lover too: I feel that, where health is concerned the dumpling does for the soul what the soup is doing for the body ;)

I'm a dumpling as well as a dumpling lover:LOL:

Today we had potato and leek homemade soup with croutons. I'll remember the tip re the chicken soup though..thanks!

Back
Top Bottom