Support for csalt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
Originally in the wrong thread

It's taking me a while to find the right thread to put postings ( I'm a slow learner even at this advanced age!!:) )
Here's the original post
Emergency Fix" Eating
The few pounds I managed to lose are all safely back in place:mad: beacause I have resorted to " food fixes" which my body tells me will make me feel better whilst my brain knows perfectly well it wont.
This is because my husband has to have surgery for prostate cancer and we both feel somewhat 'concussed' by the news.

Both of us accept totally whatever is in God's plan for us but it still comes as something of a shock to the system..hence my craving for a chocolate fix!!
Silly woman!:ermm: :pig: The good news is they do not think it has spread.:)

Just to say he goes in tomorrow and the operation ( 2½ hours) is on Wednesday morning. I'd be so grateful for your thoughts and prayers.
Thank-you in advance.
http://

csalt said:
It's taking me a while to find the right thread to put postings ( I'm a slow learner even at this advanced age!!:) )
Here's the original post
Emergency Fix" Eating
The few pounds I managed to lose are all safely back in place:mad: beacause I have resorted to " food fixes" which my body tells me will make me feel better whilst my brain knows perfectly well it wont.
This is because my husband has to have surgery for prostate cancer and we both feel somewhat 'concussed' by the news.

Both of us accept totally whatever is in God's plan for us but it still comes as something of a shock to the system..hence my craving for a chocolate fix!!
Silly woman!:ermm: :pig: The good news is they do not think it has spread.:)

Just to say he goes in tomorrow and the operation ( 2½ hours) is on Wednesday morning. I'd be so grateful for your thoughts and prayers.
Thank-you in advance.
http://

Most def. csalt. Tell him he's in our thoughts and prays

Good, it will soon be behind you both! I'll make sure I'm thinking of you then :) positive vibes never hurt, eh?! ;)

csalt said:

But not at the expense of personal responsibility I hope!

it`s also said that God helps those that help themselves, so don`t resign or give up anything just yet, least of all Trying!:)

I know from experience that this doesn't reduce your anxiety level but the strides that have been made to cure cancers is phenomenal.

You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. :)

csalt,
prayers and good thoughts coming for your DH and for you as well..

kadesma

Take good care of yourself and your hubby Csalt, and keep believing in the strength he has... you guys will be in my thoughts, stay strong!!
img_404154_0_042f2e9bfa7d9f6e995a9720a7bb496a.gif

This is incredible!!:)

When Hubby went for his pre op assessment he was told there was no chance at all of keyhole surgery as there is only one Consultant, at this stage, who can do it so there is an incredibly long waiting list.

Today, when we arrived for his admission the Keyhole Surgery Consultant came to see him! The other Consultant is on holiday in the States and this one is covering his Surgery Lists!!
He said that they will try the keyhole surgery first tomorrow. The only thing which may prevent it is scars from 2 previous ops ( and maybe bodyweight). The Senior Registrar sounded very upbeat when she went in this evening. She is assisting tomorrow. If they can do the keyhole procedura the recovery period will be halved!!
He is first on the list tomorrow and I have to phone mid afternoon to hear how he is .
This is just amazing..so we are hoping very much it can go ahead.

Watch this space!:) :angel:

Back
Top Bottom