Supraventricular Tachycardia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Anyone have this or know someone that does?
Something that I have been going through sounds just like the description of this.

What are your symptoms - and what makes you think it's SVT/PSVT? Are your symptoms persistent or episodic? If just episodes - are they frequent, how long do they last, do they seem to appear after periods of physical exertion or emotional stress?

Have you seen your doctor?

I just looked it up, I think you should see a doctor right now to be correctly diagnosed, even though I do watch a lot of medical shows I wouldn't rely on me for correct diagnosis!! LOL

like michael said, have you seen your doctor? please do, tex, if you haven't. you don't want to risk heart problems. take it from someone who shouldn't know, but does.

Kids...do go to the Dr. and find out. It's not an old person's thing either. I was diagnosed with many different heart arrythemias in my early 30's and was on heart meds for 10 years. I do believe it was a combination of stress...young children I was raising myself...working two jobs...and lots and lots of coffee! I still do the coffee thing today...but no more meds. (It must have been the kids...lol). Still..it's nothing to mess around with. If your heart gets too much out of rythmn it can just stop. Check it out! Please?

you better go get it checked. you too sush !!!!!!! my sister was having heart palitations then she eneded up going to the e.r. cause they thought she had a heart attack !!!!
turns out that's not what it was but she does need to be on heart meds the rest of her life. go get it checked immediately please !!!!!!!

Knowing you are having some symptoms and NOT getting them checked out is going to make you MORE stressed out!! Go see your doc! It can be something as simple as too much coffee and stress - or it could be something that can be controlled pretty easily with some medication. But you NEED to get it taken care of; not only for you, but for your family!:)

I will get it checked. I didn't want to freak anyone out, I just went into webmd and put the symptom in and it showed this. It didn't look like a big deal so I asked here.

Michael in FtW said:
What are your symptoms - and what makes you think it's SVT/PSVT? Are your symptoms persistent or episodic? If just episodes - are they frequent, how long do they last, do they seem to appear after periods of physical exertion or emotional stress?

Have you seen your doctor?

They are episodic and it happens a few times a week, it's just that last night, it happened several times in about an hours time and it's an uncomfortable feeling.What it feels like, is that my heart is pumping so hard that it going ot come out of my chest. It happens when I'm just sitting there a lot of the time. Nothing out of the ordinary happened yesterday or has me worried.

I will make an appointment. I just hate doctors!!
My family doesn't have the best of luck with health and it kinda scary thinking that something might be wrong, thanks for caring guys. If I go, you go too Sushi!!

Texasgirl, Sushi, and anyone else with similar problems ....

Call your doctor's office, tell them your symptoms, get an appointment, and GO!!!

Getting a CORRECT diagnosis by your doctor (not off a website) and getting the problem treated will not kill you - doing nothing could!

It may not be an actual problem with your heart (cardiac disease) at all - it could be something else that is affecting your heart (thyroid, glucose levels, electorlytes, etc.). But, your doctor needs to do a few simple tests to find out (basically #1 below).

Here's what you can expect:

1. Your doctor will do an EKG and draw some blood. This is the first step.

The following two are an either/or/both/maybe - and the order may be reversed ... depends on your doctor and what showed up in the EKG and blood test in the first step.

2. Holter Monitoring: you wear a little battery powered cardiac monitor that will record every heartbeat for 24-hours .... while you keep a diary of your activities, and any symptoms you may have. Hopefully - you will experience your symptoms while wearing it so they can see what is going on when you are experiencing those sensations (very, very seldom that this doesn't happen in 24-hours). It is totally painless - unless you have a really hairy chest and they have to shave a couple of patches of hair off to get the electrodes to stick. :sick:

3. Cardiac Stress Test: You are hooked up to an EKG machine and either walk on a treadmill, or ride a stationary bicycle, to get your heart rate up (to see if that causes your symptoms). You will then be monitored for about 30-minutes to an hour afterwards to see if the symptoms are post-exertional. Again, this is painless unless you have a hairy chest and they have to shave a couple of patches of hair off to get the electrodes to stick.

Please - for your sake and that of those of us who care about you ... get it checked out!

Michael in FtW said:
Texasgirl, Sushi, and anyone else with similar problems ....

Call your doctor's office, tell them your symptoms, get an appointment, and GO!!!

Getting a CORRECT diagnosis by your doctor (not off a website) and getting the problem treated will not kill you - doing nothing could!

It is totally painless - unless you have a really hairy chest and they have to shave a couple of patches of hair off to get the electrodes to stick. :sick:

I have to shave my chest????:LOL:
I'm just joking. I made an appointment for Friday at 8:30 am.
Today has not been good. It stayed with me all day today and it got to where I lost my breath. It's not painful, just an uncomfortable pressure. It's NEVER done this. I've kinda had the light flutter off and on for about 2 years, maybe once every few months, but, very small, hardly noticeable.
I wonder if it might have to do with my murmur. It has always been very small and I have never had trouble with it.
Well, whatever it is, hopefully it's nothing big.

texasgirl said:
I wonder if it might have to do with my murmur?

"Shut up and let the patient talk long enough and they will eventually get around to telling you what is wrong with them." - Dr. Kenneth Akin (Teaching Rounds - TCOM - circa 1973)

Possibly - depending on why you have a murmur.

Glad you've got an appointment with your doctor - but, if your symptoms get worse or persist (as it sounds like they have):

A: Go to your doctor's office TOMORROW MORNING - he will see you. Even without an appointment ...

B: Go the ER of the hospital where your doctor is on staff.

No problems today at all! It's really weird that I haven't had even one weird heart beat.
Chest is a little sore, but, other than that, nothing. Thanks for all of your caring and advise. I will still go to the doctor, just in case. Hopefully, it will do it just once while I'm there so she can figure out what it is.

Good idea to still get it checked out, I had to have an ECG this afternoon and I felt heaps better just finding out that it was OK no new problem and that my medication was working. You can't muck around with your heart texas.

Wanted to let ya'll know, because I had a bad episode a little earlier, DH has made me reschedule for tomorrow. I guess I spoke too soon on nothing being wrong today, scared me pretty bad. If anything happens, I am leaving the website for my boys to let you know if I can't get back here. Don't have to reply, just wanted to let ya know.

Sending prayers your way texasgirl.
I'm sure you'll be back this time tomorrow.

I just realized that it sounded like I felt I was going to die. Jeez, I'm sorry, I just meant in case I can't get back tomorrow or really soon anyway.

Back
Top Bottom