"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Cat, you once said that you thought you and I had a lot in common. More so than you realize. My first husband used to ship out on large oil tankers as a chef. And my second husband was a commercial fisherman. So I understand readily the dangers your father faces out on the water. My heart goes out to you and your parents every time he leaves the shore. I hope all his catches are big ones. I have strong ties to the sea. My grandfather was a tug boat captain. He used to guide those big tankers into their berths. Me? I get deathly sea sick!
Thank you, Addie. You are a dear soul. We do worry.

MammaCat

Old 10-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
Proud American

Quote:
Cat, you once said that you thought you and I had a lot in common. More so than you realize. My first husband used to ship out on large oil tankers as a chef. And my second husband was a commercial fisherman. So I understand readily the dangers your father faces out on the water. My heart goes out to you and your parents every time he leaves the shore. I hope all his catches are big ones. I have strong ties to the sea. My grandfather was a tug boat captain. He used to guide those big tankers into their berths.
Look at this, Mamma. She understands this! Thank you so very much, Addie. When Papa goes to the sea, we do worry. I did not know of this!

With love,
~Cat

Old 10-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
Proud American

Ha! We posted the same, Mamma!

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Great news. You'll be in the US for Thanksgiving, Xmas, and New Year. That really is "the holidays".
Old 10-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Indeed! I must go find my bed now, Cat. Sweet dreams to everyone here, thank you all for your kindness, and I shall visit again soon.

Good night, sweet girl. I love you. We will be together next month!

Love,
MammaCat
Old 10-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #16
Proud American

I love you too Mamma!

Love,
~Cat
Old 10-12-2013, 10:35 PM   #17
Proud American

Oh this is so very exciting! I shall not sleep tonight!

Now I realize I must make good regular food for them in between the holidays feastings.

I hope I can do this! I must make them proud.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Look at this, Mamma. She understands this! Thank you so very much, Addie. When Papa goes to the sea, we do worry. I did not know of this!

With love,
~Cat
Cat one time my husband went out to sea. At about three in the morning I heard the door open. I got up and went out into the hall. It was my husband. I got so angry at him. I thought he had gotten drunk and missed his boat. It was a few minutes before I noticed that he was wrapped in a Coast Guard blanket. He had on only his undershorts and his watch. The fishing vessel he was on had gone down so fast that the crew didn't even have time to lower the lifeboat. Fortunately they managed to get off a Mayday giving their location. My husband was down in the focsle sleeping and just made it up on deck before he had to jump overboard with the rest of the crew. The Coast Guard was there in about eight minutes and fished them out of the Atlantic Ocean. When I realized what had happened, I started to shake all over. Not easy being married to someone who is married to the sea.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #19
Proud American

Quote:
The moment you and her Papa step off that plane, she will have her Christmas presents.
Yes I shall! Have you ever been so very happy that you feel your heart is to explode with happiness?

It is what I feel now!

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCat View Post
We have set the plans today, Cat. We're coming for the holidays!......
That has to be the best Christmas present of all! It's rather early to wish "happy and blessed Christmas" to you all, but I'm sure we'll have more chances for greetings and salutations. Have a very safe trip here. Look forward to your "dueling posts" when you are side-by-side.

Cat, I am so happy and excited for you I'm with joy! This announcement is like Christmas coming early for you!