Surprise, Cat! We Are Coming! Hello Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh this is so very exciting! I shall not sleep tonight!

Now I realize I must make good regular food for them in between the holidays feastings.

I hope I can do this! I must make them proud.

With love,
~Cat

We will be glad to help you with the cooking and hopefully avoid the fire extinguisher and emergency room.;) Just wish we could help with the eating!

Hugs,
P.Fiona

Cat one time my husband went out to sea. At about three in the morning I heard the door open. I got up and went out into the hall. It was my husband. I got so angry at him. I thought he had gotten drunk and missed his boat. It was a few minutes before I noticed that he was wrapped in a Coast Guard blanket. He had on only his undershorts and his watch. The fishing vessel he was on had gone down so fast that the crew didn't even have time to lower the lifeboat. Fortunately they managed to get off a Mayday giving their location. My husband was down in the focsle sleeping and just made it up on deck before he had to jump overboard with the rest of the crew. The Coast Guard was there in about eight minutes and fished them out of the Atlantic Ocean. When I realized what had happened, I started to shake all over. Not easy being married to someone who is married to the sea. :angel:

Mamma knows of this. There became a storm when Papa ordered everyone into the survival suits and become of the worst. Catina was listing so very badly he was afraid she would roll. It was of the wind and of the waves and she was taking water. It was a very bad time for Papa and his crew.

They put to the pumps, but the pumps were much behind of what the water was coming in. The crew bailed of this water and saved her.

With love,
~Cat

Oh, MommaCat how exciting for all of you! Your daughter is an amazing person (wish we could meet in person--I know we would be friends). Can't wait to hear more about your holiday in America.

BTW, I have been seeking a recipe for a marinated eggplant with dill weed (fresh) salad/side/relish. I believe it is a Ukrainian recipe, but I have not been able to find it on the Internet. A local perogie shop sells it. I have duplicated it, but there is still something missing. Have you ever heard of such a recipe? It is a vinegar-based, not oil, dressing/pickling on the eggplant which I think is blanched first.

Give me some time on this, CWS. I have several cookbooks here and I'll try to get back to you tomorrow. Let me see what I can find for you.

MammaCat

Give me some time on this, CWS. I have several cookbooks here and I'll try to get back to you tomorrow. Let me see what I can find for you.

MammaCat
Thanks, MammaCat! I've hunted high and low for this recipe. I "might" be able to get the name of it in Ukrainian if I can get a friend who lives around the corner from the Perogie shop to go in and ask for it / get the spelling.

CWS, I can't find anything close to this. But, I just emailed a friend who might be able to find it. I'm sorry. But don't give up on me. We'll figure this out.

Mamma will help you find of this, CWS. She is busy as a teacher and of her volunteer work. Eggplant is like a fart in church in our home because no one likes it besides me. I had to go to restaurants so to eat it.

When Mamma says she shall do something, nothing is to stop her of it.

With love,
~Cat

It is blanched first. I do not have the measurements but this is what I found from a friend.

Marinate the eggplant in the refrigerator for 24 hours in a closed container. The marinade is minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, dill, oregano, sage, and a dense red wine such as Merlot. The relish is dill, chopped baby spinach, diced tomatoes, chopped green olives, chopped cucumbers, bacon bits and red peppers and a dash of any type of hot sauce.

Is this what you are looking for? She also said that the relish is often served with a raspberry viniagrette splash or two.

I have not tried this and she didn't give the measurements. This is as close as I can come up with for you.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom