Surprise! Cat's Here!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good night to all of you. Have you looked at the clock? :angel:

No. We don't look of clocks here. Joyce doesn't want to know how late she will be to work. Ha!

I have been snoopering! I found Joyce's writings files here on her computer. It is well, she gave me permission to look and read and print. I have been doing this for many hours! I have nearly an inch of papers of copying! I was thinking to wonder, so I came here and found some of her posts.

She really is very funny also to here! She posted a picture of her cat inside of the crockpot and Ogress called it kitten teriyaki! Ha! Joyce found me looking at the post and she said, "Korea's not the only country with different white meat. You have a lot to learn, kid."

I tried to cover up my tears from packing Stela's furniture and belongings but I didn't fool her. She really didn't say so much. She would only walk by me and touch my arm or shoulder and whisper things like, "It's going to be okay, Cat. These are growing pains." Or, "You're doing the right thing, and I'm proud of you." Or, "There's nothing wrong with crying. Tears tell God what's really in your heart."

One special article caught my eyesight. It's called "Tribute to L... T...." I'll just say LT. LT passed away two years ago and Joyce dressed up in her Army formal uniforms and went to his funeral. LT was a door greeter of where Joyce works of Walmart. They became good friends, then he died of the cancer. She was asked to talk of him at his funeral and she gave me permission to share of the speech she made. She printed it for his wife and gave it to her. I'll post it quickly after this.

I talked to my family in the afternoon and they are well! Carl said Anna missed me! I miss her! Oh I miss them all! But it's nice to be here! It's so very confusing! Gwen and I went to a collection of very nice shops and to lunch again at a place called Hickory Tavern. I found nice gifts for my family and the lunch was so very nice!

The rain is so very bad here, there are floods in some of the streets. Joyce had to make many detours above the floods to get to home, and we were very happy and relieved to see her. Nicu called the Asheville airport to check of the repair to his plane and it has been repaired. A module in the autopilot had failed and he flied the plane manually from Knoxville, Tennessee to here. It was not a long flight but it was an unexpected delay for us.

Nicu's wife misses him also! She is so good and nice! She wished to come with us, but she cannot for her Mamma has bronchitis and she wished to remain with her. She promised to come sometime! I want to bring many people with me next time but we must stay in the hotels for Joyce's house may break at the corners with so many people, yes?

Tommorrow Justin is off of work, and he will take Nicu and me to their church and to a flea market! Joyce will be home early and I shall make dinner for everyone. On Monday, Joyce is off of work, and we shall be fixing foods for to take with us to the plane. We will not arrive to Bucharesti for four days for we must stop for rest. Nicu hasn't his co-pilot, for I am, but we must stop for rest for to keep the laws of flying. We will be stopping to Paris and I love Paris! Nicu has ordered to make a necklace for Mamma for she is a grandmother now and we must receive that also from a jeweller. It is a gold heart with sapphires on the perimeter with Anna's name on the heart. It is lovely!

I shall post Joyce's funeral speech, and we shall be back! She and Justin and Nicu are watching a movie and I'll tell her to post!

With very much love,
~Cat

Joyce said it was well to use his name. I do so love this so very much!

Tribute To Leland Thompson

Leland was the kind of man you could always count on for anything, big or small.

He would help me in the Garden Center, even doing my work for me when everyone else stuck me at the register. He understood I couldn't be in two places at one time; however, he managed to pull that off.

He was a great man; he was a Christian who sincerely believed, and his faith was very obvious; he was an inspiration to me when I was weak and needed help just getting through the day.

Leland had a marvelous sense of humor and he truly loved us. He would see me coming, and approach me and say, "I need a hug from a lovely lady." I would say one of two things: "Hang on, let me call your wife," or, "Stay right there, I'll go find one." His hugs were like those of my dear father, and I cherish those hugs today, as I do Dad's hugs. And he always laughed when I said things like that.

He was a true gentleman. I had a terrible arm and shoulder injury that put me out of work for nearly six months, and one evening he saw me hauling heavy trash to the compactor and insisted upon leaving the door and helping me get it into the compactor. He said, "You should not be doing this. Let me help." I was so grateful; I was already hurting and dreaded lifting all this into the compactor.

When Leland spoke of his wife Linda, it was always with love and with the utmost respect for her. I loved the way his eyes would shine and how he smiled when he spoke of her. It was a testament to me of two things: a husband who adored his wife, and how holy is the relationship between husband and wife. He adored you, Linda.

Leland was also brilliant. Extremely smart with loads of common sense that was so refreshing. He and I talked about politics, religion, world events, and pretty much everything that was against the rules, but I didn't care about rules. Neither did he, so neither one of us got in trouble.

He was a great man. I was lucky enough to be in his presence at work for four years, and I sorely miss him. Many of us at Walmart miss him, but we will continue to remember Leland for the kind and caring man he was. He left his handprint on our hearts, and I for one will never forget the friend I had.

Leland, by now you're in Heaven with God and free of pain. Your spirit shines on still for us left behind as we remember you and I thank you for sharing your life with us. I miss you, Leland. But someday, I will see you again, and that thought brings me comfort. Until then, the memory of you will continue to be a source of joy to me for the rest of my days.

Thank you, Leland.

I wish I had known him!
~Cat

I'm staying more!

Poor Uncle Nicu is having of the bad headaches he gets often. Joyce said no we aren't leaving tomorrow and she put him of bed. I called Mamma and Carl and they said it was ok.

We shall stay until Friday morning. We made many foods today for our trip but these can go to the freezer now.

I love her oven frying chicken! I shall post this recipe. It is so very easy! Tonight she is making her nice lasagne. It's so very nice to be in her harum-scarum kitchen of cooking!

~Cat

I'm having fun, but Nicu has a migraine. I had no idea he was prone to those, but there is no way in Hades he's flying a dang plane tomorrow. I think with age (61), jet lag, packing and shipping...he needs rest.

He's not stepping out of this house until he's rested and the migraine's gone. That is all.

I don't know if y'all know about migraine headaches, but they are HORRIBLE. You feel nauseated, can't eat, can't sleep....the slightest noise sounds like a nuclear explosion, any light brings stabbing pain right into your head.

They can last up to three days. I told both Nicu and Cat they are going nowhere until at least Friday. So......YAY!!

Wooooo....!! I'm happy! I just hate it for Nicu, but I'm good with migraines. He ate some of my soup and held it down. I'm throwing water at him like a hydrant.

He'll be okay...eventually. I might have to hit him with some chamomile and valerian tea to help him sleep. I'm glad he isn't complaining about the duct tape binding him to the bed or the ether I'm using to knock him out.

It's all good.

Thank you for providing tender loving care, I have a rubber mallet you can borrow if need be...

Rubber?

Thanks! I'm thinking sledgehammer and a camping ax, but a rubber mallet might help keep me out of jail....for now. LOL!

Ha!

I don't think the sledgehammers and the camping ax or a rubber mellet will work well. Perhaps all we need are those drugs for to put sleep on people. But when they wake up and are very grumpy, then we use the rubber mallets and all to make them behave!

Ha!

~Cat

Rubber?

Thanks! I'm thinking sledgehammer and a camping ax, but a rubber mallet might help keep me out of jail....for now. LOL!

Rubber Mallets don't leave marks...

As for sleeping pills my Dear Cat...too easy to get hooked on them.

Oh I see. The Ogress knows of this, yes? Ha!

I am very sorry to say, Uncle Nicu is now in hospital. It has been a long day and I have made the arrangements to stay much longer. Uncle Nicu's gall bladder became in flames and he is very ill but he shall be ok after the treatments and the surgery. Joyce said to stay as long as we need of this and she is very helpful.
I don't know how long I will be here but it is very nice to be here! I worry of Uncle Nicu. He will come home to here tomorrow but will need much rest and help.

I spoke to Carl and Mamma and we must stay until he can become well. Mamma wants to come here to her brother and she will arrive tomorrow on a regular airplane. Joyce and Justin are very nice to use their couch bed and give Mamma and me their bedroom so Uncle Nicu can have the guest room to his own self as he can be healing from this. I am so worried of him! Joyce said she would return the bed rental and she said there was no problems of it.
This is a small house but it seems to be very large of the hearts in it. Uncle Nicu is very happy Mamma is coming, and so I also.

~Cat

Mamma and Joyce and I in one kitchen will be very fun, yes?

I am very anxious for her to arrive!

~Cat

Poor Uncle Nicu, to get so sick while away from home. Give him our well wishes and prayers, throw in a couple hugs and kisses, too! Bet it's the first time he got hugs and kisses from an Ogress...

Cat, I too know of the gall bladder problems. So give my love to Uncle Nicu. Once he gets rid of the pesky gall bladder, he will be one happy camper.

I chose to keep mine. but have to watch very carefully what I eat. In a way having problems with a GB, can be a good thing. I have cut out about 90% of fats in my diet. And that is good for the weight.

Tell Mama when she arrives that I think of her often. And now that she is a grandmother, her life is going to get even better.

My daughter took me clothes shopping yesterday. Six tops, five pairs of slacks, some bath dusting powder, (Elizabeth Taylor's Passion. She also bought me a Fall jacket. The one I have been wearing this year is about three sizes too big for me. It fit just fine last year. Now I have to go on the hunt for black shoes. Size 5EE. And they have to be flat. I am sure there is a pair for me on the Internet.

I am so sorry to hear that Uncle Nicu is sick, but so glad you are going to be sticking around for a while. Love to Mama and Uncle Nicu. :angel:

Thank you all! He will be in hospital until Monday, for he developed of an infection. Uccckk!!

Mamma's here now, and she is commanding the issues. Our hosts here have forbidden hotel rooms, for they said we need the access of the kitchen. They are correct!

Uncle Nicu's temperature is falling, and this is very good news, yes?

Mamma and Joyce made pumpkin bread today and we took some to Uncle Nicu. He was hungry today! This is very good! He feels a little better today.

Joyce is going to vacation of work Monday to help us with Uncle Nicu. It was very funny how she received the vacation! Her manager owed her a favor of some sort, and Joyce went to him and told him of needing eight days off for an uncle. He asked whose uncle, and she said, "An uncle. Now, do I get the time off or do we need to have a conversation?"

HA! She received her vacation very fast!

Joyce is staying up tonight making her very nice chicken soup for Uncle Nicu and I am helping her. He does not have of any diet rules except of fat but he must have many fluids as water and juice. Mamma is tired and has been to bed a long time since now.

I miss Carl and our baby Anna! Oh, it is so hard to be away of them, yes? But when there are family, there are sicknesses and things which must take us from them. It is only for a small time. We must get Uncle Nicu to be well! Joyce gives us of her car and only asks to be taken and brought from work. I make sure it has much gasoline in it for her.

Uncle Nicu does not know very much of American celebrities. A lady with a magazine trolley gave him some magazines this morning. He read some, and when we were visiting of him, he said, "Who are these ********** Kardashians?" (A Romanian cursing word, which is not very nice). Joyce told us this evening, "Don't let him read that garbage." She gave us a nice book about World War 2 to take to him tomorrow. Ha!

They have so very many nice books here! Mamma wants to look through their books tomorrow, but I have done this already. Also, so many recipe books! And very many cat and dog books! I am reading one now entitled "All My Patients Are Under The Bed." It's by Dr. Louis J. Camuti who was a cat doctor and performed of house calls. It is very funny!

Uncle Nicu will have very much to read while he is recovering! I shall give him hugs and kisses from my Ogress! I shall show him what an Ogress is if he has forgotten. And thank you so very much, Addie also! Yes, he must eat carefully I think. For the short term, yes, we must be careful. I'm so very glad you have received nice new clothes! New clothes are so very nice!

Mamma brought extra clothes for me for staying longer. I had not packed very much. I have commanded Joyce's Hello Kitty robe! Ha! Justin does the laundry in this home. He is the king of the laundry and of the dishwasher. He's very funny! He promised me for letting me use the ridden lawnmower also! That will be fun!

I must go now. I love you all! Thank you for your very kind messages! I shall post tomorrow! Good night!

~Cat

Phew....out of six computers in this house, 5 are updating so I had to throw Cat off.

Rina's a joy, to say the least. I didn't know her well, but I'm guessing that's gonna change. I didn't want them all in a hotel room dealing with Nicu all alone. We made room...heck, Justin and I are Army folks....we know how to adapt LOL!

From what Rina said, it looks like Nicu will be here for at least a week or two. Maybe more. He's got to get cleared to fly before he can leave. I don't know. We don't care. We'll just hang in and go with it.

Cat's been really super-strong about Nicu. She a whole lot like her Mom. Oh....I've just been informed that Rina is MammaCat here. Gaaaaahhhhhh....my bad! Nobody tells me anything.

Just letting y'all know we're in for the long haul. Soup's almost ready, I'm dead on my feet, see ya later!

What to expect of American doctors? They will want to see Nicu ten days after he is discharged from the hospital. So he won't get clearance for at least ten days. You also must remember to ask for a copy of his completemedical record so he can give it to his doctor back home. It contains very important information that his own doctor needs to know. :angel:

Thanks, Addie, I'll tell her. She'll see this tomorrow anyhoo.

Cat and MammaCat are worn slap out. They're zonked out, bless their hearts. Nicu's better today as well, so he's making progress.

Joke:

How can you tell Cat is tired?

---When she prefers sleep over hogging the laptop.

The new sleeper sofa is pretty comfy. We just got it in August. Our old couch looked pretty rough after 10 years, but it was used when we got it. This one's awesome!

And I am going to zonk out too. Long day. Cat asked me to update y'all, and she sends her love. See y'all later!

Back
Top Bottom