"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-01-2015, 04:54 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

What a lovely piece. Who knew Joyce could write such a beautiful story.

Cat you have had such a profound effect on every member here that got to know you. I think I am safe when I say that we were all sad when you left to go home to Romania. But the happiest moment for all of us was when you became an American Citizen. We all were so proud of you.

I have one request for you though. Please finish your education. It doesn't matter where, just get that diploma so you can hang it on the wall for Anna to see. It will be something for her to strive for in her adult life. And it wouldn't hurt to have Carl do the same.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:01 AM   #32
Sous Chef

Thank you, Addie. This house was truly horrendous. I write a lot of dumb stuff like this. Cat wanted to post it because she's selling a house that's dear to her, and she is in our home now.

She's stolen my new Toshiba and she's typing her head off. She and Nicu want to stay longer and I said, "No way!! Get OUT!"

And if you believe that, I got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Oh....I just peeked. You all are in for some more great news!!

My goodness, I love this brilliant, charming, loving little lady. She cleaned the litterboxes, polished the piano, and made me sit on my tail this afternoon. I made her favorite dinner for her, stir-fry sausage and peppers. After dinner, we went to the new Asheville Outlets and raided the Vera Bradley outlet.

When she was at the kitchen outlet, I snuck back to Vera Bradley and she has a little surprise under her pillow. LOL! She'll see this and go nuts....just watch!

Old 10-02-2015, 12:20 AM   #33
Proud American

We will finish the educations. That is very nice of you to say! I was sad to leave to go home also but I was needed and Aunty wanted to go also. She didn't want to die in America.

I miss everyone here! We asked Joyce if we could stay longer and she said we could stay as long as we wish. I spoke to Carl and he agreed that if I wanted to stay and see some more friends I could. Mamma said, "Stay for a month or two, Cat. That way I mustn't fight with you for Anna!"

Mamma loves being a grandmother. When we travelled to Bucharesti to receive Anna, she drove her own car behind us with Nicu. Papa was in Poland on his business and he was so very disappointed we received the call while he was away. We had to sign the final papers of her adoption and have her last check ins with the doctors to clear of her leaving. The lady put Anna in Carl's arms for the final time and he began to cry! He looked at me and said, "Oh my God, Cat, she's ours, she's really ours, oh my God!"

Then Mamma started giggling and I saw to her hugging Nicu for he was crying also! I was signing the last of the papers and I told Carl to stop the pigging of Anna and give her to Nicu. Carl looked at Nicu with that funny face when he's joking, and he said, "Hell no. Rina told me when she put you in his arms the first time, he didn't want to give you back! We'll never see her again!" It was so funny! But he did put Anna in Nicu's arms.

We stayed the night on January 4 in a nice hotel Nicu got for us, and he gave Carl and me presents for becoming of parents! He gave Carl a very nice gold American ring that says Dad on it, and he gave me a beautiful gold American Mom ring with a tiny sapphire in the O for Anna's birthstone. He said he bought these on the Amazon website for he knew we would receive her! I have it on my right hand, and Carl also has his there also.

There became a bad snowstorm that night. Nicu took us all to a very nice restaurant. It was very bad coming out so Nicu took Mamma's car to a store and bought us a lot of food we could use for the microwave in the suites. It was very lucky he did! He bought baby food and her spoons and more diapers and wipes. We didn't come home until the 7 January for the storm was bad and Mamma doesn't like to drive in such snow.

Oh! I remember that as if it were of yesterday! We came home and we have a beautiful nursery to attached to our room and a different bathroom Mamma and Papa built on of the house for us. The first night and so very, very nights after, we put her crib in our bedroom. Anna was sleeping of the nights but we just wanted to be so close of her. She is in the nursery now.

I wake up at nights and for some moments, go quietly to the nursery just to look at her. She is the most beautiful child in the world! I don't mean to be offensive to anyone because all children are beautiful, yes? I mean that she is the most beautiful child to me! Mamma and Joyce say all mothers feel of this. I slipped from bed one night to go look at her and turned of round, and Carl was there! He said he had been slipping from bed to just look at her also!

I'm so glad I'm staying more! I have so much more to share of all my friends here! I love you all so much!

With very much love,
~Cat
Old 10-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

I am so glad you received Anna as a tiny infant. You and Carl were able to experience all the joys of being a parent from the beginning. Sometimes a person can get so overwhelmed with love and emotion for a newborn baby, that it does bring tears to the eyes. I am not surprised that either one of you felt so much love in your hearts for your child. Just like your Mama and Papa did for you.

There is something special about being a grandmother. And your Mama has found that something special.

Cat, it sounds like you and Carl are ecstatically happy. And I can't blame you. I hope you both keep it going for many, many years. And Anna will be the most fortunate child. She will grow up surrounded by love.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:20 AM   #35
Proud American

I shall be staying until Tuesday! The time difference is hard for Nicu. He needs more relaxing before he takes me home.

Joyce left a letter and a Vera Bradley address book and a matching wallet under my pillow! I an unable to say what the note is, for it was personal and made me have happy tears! She talked about life, children, marriage, family and faith. I shall keep it forever! The address book has a partition for emails where I shall write down your email addresses. Please make sure I have of these before the next Monday night!

I don't want to leave her so very soon, and we are so grateful she is happy for us to stay! I'm ashamed to say perhaps I didn't know her well before when I lived here. But she's funny, she writes funny and nice things, she still loves cooking, but I did see she is often tired from work and her back hurts her. I knew she was a great musician for she taught me to play the guitar. We've been playing much music! She sings well also and I do also!

Uncle Nicu and Justin play the games and watch movies. Justin is very nice. He looks very much better from when he was ill and he has much movement now and more weight upon him. Joyce showed me how to give the diabetes cat, Isis, her shot and I am very good with this!

I am awkward of using her computers when they are away. Computers are so very personal, yes? But she said I could say anything to all of you which I want and she said her life is an open book here. I have never heard of that description before. It means she has no secrets from anyone! The only secret she kept was of my arrival and I made her to be hushed about these. I did look at some of her files today to read more of her stories. You must let her post these!

She said she did post them in the political forum of another site but I think they don't appreciate of this. Then she posted on a writer's forum and they were very mean to her so she left. She's now at her desktop computer working on another story about her dog who chased a cat up a tree until the dog forgot she couldn't climb trees and hung on desperation onto a branch until Justin picked the dog up off the branch and put her on the ground! Ha!

I talked to Carl, Anna, and Mamma tonight. They are well and fit! Little tiny children are very hard to understand on the phone! Everyone says hi to everyone here! I understood "Mamma" and "cookie" and "doggy" but that was all from Anna! Ha! We will be teaching her English also and also other languages. With international businesses, it is very important to know many language, yes?

Catina II is in the dry dock for the winter. She needs some minor adjustments and repairs but she will be all ready for the next season! It's hard to be away from Anna but it is part of our economic life and it is imperative of our businesses.

Anna shall grow with so much love! She will become a strong woman we are sure! We have many plans of her. Her doctors have said she is very normal! There are no signs of the autism or mental problems and she is very well and healthy. She is a loving child for she loves to hug and to be hugged and she is very happy. She isn't spoiled, for she has simple toys, many of them are hand made. Joyce and Mamma both said, "Give her everything she needs but not everything she wants." And discipline is also important! Joyce cautioned me of this. She said, "If you don't start bad habits, you won't have to fix bad habits later." My family believes this same form. I remember some very bad habits of my classmates which made them to not always be nice. Uck! This can not happen of Anna! She will be a fine woman and we shall be very sure of this.

I must answer PMs. Thank you all so very much for your PMs! I cannot say of their contents but all of you are so kind! I will be back. Joyce may be back also.

Love,
~Cat
Old 10-03-2015, 01:41 AM   #36
Master Chef

Cat, I'm so happy to read your news, and especially about your adoption of Anna. Thank you for sharing that. I won't offer any advice, as you certainly have your life under control without it.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:48 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh Cat, I am so glad Little Anna will be multi lingual. I have three grandchildren who speak two languages. Pirate's former wife comes from Italy. And one of her parents comes from Naples and the other from Sicily. So his two boys speak two different dialects of Italian along with English. And Poo's child speaks Albanian and English.

Sounds like Anna is going to be and do just fine. She has two very loving parents and grandparents that dote on her every chance they get.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:33 AM   #38
Sous Chef

Um...I think she's a little overwhelmed. Apparently you folks have sent some very caring, loving, supporting, and encouraging PMs. She does love you all!

God bless you all! I think it's exactly what she needed. I'm glad they're staying. Cat's right of course....I was very preoccupied with my husband's illness when she lived here. Then we moved; Cat and I visited of course, but for some reason this trip is all kinds of different. I kinda thought this would be different. It is.

Good heavens, she left as a young but very determined lady, and now she's back as a strong, confidant wife, mother, and businesswoman. Holy cow. I know some young people her age who are nowhere near her character.

I'm flattered by her portrayal of me. With all the joking I did on this thread, you all know it's all in fun. Sure, she rearranged half the house and I was ready to sell her on Ebay to a good home, but she did it out of kindness.

I'd never give up any minute I have with her. That's why I told her and Nicu to stay as long as they want! Nicu's having some difficulty with the time difference as Cat said. His back's bad like mine is. And I'm a selfish broad; I'd love to have more time with them!

I'm afraid when they leave on Tuesday, I'll be a bawling mess and y'all will have to put up with my whining. I'll try to make it easy; I'll try not to complain too much. Plus, she has to come back for the closing on the house LOL!

I'm loving this time with her and I know y'all are too. Keep rolling, Cat!
Old 10-03-2015, 03:22 AM   #39
Proud American

Oh silly!

You shall be happy to be the rid of me when you discover I also have sold you upon Ebay. I received a very nice price upon you and also the buyer added a very nice Porshe sports car also. The man has 200 cats and he is in need of one who is very good of cleaning cat litterboxes. You will be shipped on Tuesday and your husband is very happy of the price. He will need of you to return of weekends for to do the laundry and for to clean this house and cook and freeze the cooking.

You will become very proud of being of demand, yes? Ha!

Do not be sad of my leaving. You are very kind and when I arrive again, I will try to bring Carl and Anna. We will speak of this.

Love
~Cat
Old 10-03-2015, 03:28 AM   #40
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Oh silly!

You shall be happy to be the rid of me when you discover I also have sold you upon Ebay. I received a very nice price upon you and also the buyer added a very nice Porshe sports car also. The man has 200 cats and he is in need of one who is very good of cleaning cat litterboxes. You will be shipped on Tuesday and your husband is very happy of the price. He will need of you to return of weekends for to do the laundry and for to clean this house and cook and freeze the cooking.

You will become very proud of being of demand, yes? Ha!

Do not be sad of my leaving. You are very kind and when I arrive again, I will try to bring Carl and Anna. We will speak of this.

Love
~Cat
Oh, I'm so thrilled I could issue a press release.

I'm going to bed LOL!!

I'd love to see Carl and little Anna!