Survey: Customers slam McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO most surveys are worthless.

The way a question is worded can almost guarantee the answer that the person paying for the survey is looking for.

Over the years I have tried most of these places and probably will again.

I would prefer to spend my money at a locally owned mom and pop operation.

It won't be long before thousands of drones are hovering over our neighborhoods, delivering dinners and snacks!

Then in the year 2022 soylent green! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I saw what you did there...Good one!:clap::ROFLMAO:

I've been to In 'n Out once or twice, when visiting my sister in California. The burgers were good.

In Quebec McDonalds doesn't have anything on their menu called a hamburger. There isn't enough meat in them to legally be called a hamburger here. Big Macs, sandwiches, double patties (or something to that effect), ... They don't have milkshakes either, just "shakes".

I've heard really good things about In 'n Out. Sadly, none are close by.

One of the best things is how they treat their employees. The starting pay is much higher than minimum wage, and they get full medical (including vision and dental) plus retirement benefits, even for employees working less than 40 hrs/wk. There isn't a top out in pay as with most fast food places - the longer they work, the more $ they earn.

It's not easy to get a job there, it's mainly by referral from trusted employees to even get a foot in the door. They are always happy and smiling, the store and employees are spic and span, and treat you like you are the most important customer ever. :)

KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut are all owned by the same company. So it is not surprising to find any of them on the bottom. They are only in it for the profit. In these here parts you will find two or all three in the same building. You can walk from one to another. The only thing separating each business is an open doorway. So no matter what your preference, they are going to get your money. Most of them have no drive thru. And they do have their very own parking lot. :angel:

I bawled out a Manager at Arby's tonight. Shrek wanted "lots"of Horsey sauce, I asked for 6 packets. I was told I could only have 4, I asked why and was told it was about inventory, etc. So...I offered to pay for two extra packets. The girl behind the counter got mad at me and slammed two more packets down on the counter. I told her, "Thank You!" Waited until I got home to call the Manager.

That is a ridiculous policy - even worse is the way you were treated. :glare: On the other side of the coin, the last time I went to a Taco Bell I ordered one taco and a root beer. When asked if I wanted hot sauce I said yes, and when I got home I counted 16 packets of hot sauce with my one lone taco. :ohmy: She just grabbed a huge handful and threw them in. :huh: What a waste.

Last edited:
I bawled out a Manager at Arby's tonight. Shrek wanted "lots"of Horsey sauce, I asked for 6 packets. I was told I could only have 4, I asked why and was told it was about inventory, etc. So...I offered to pay for two extra packets. The girl behind the counter got mad at me and slammed two more packets down on the counter. I told her, "Thank You!" Waited until I got home to call the Manager.
That's incredibly rude. I'm glad to read that you called the manager.

Our every other week visit to Arby's may not make a big impact to their bottom line...but not going there again will make me happy.

WHAT!?!??! That place did have a sauce station. You could have done at least 10 plus packets of sauce before you left.:chef::pig:

That's the problem with large corporation's bean counters and the front line employees having to deal with stupid policies. They have likely been put on a supply budget (these packets likely fall into that category because they can't be inventory controlled like ingredients) and going over that budget affects the manager's evaluation and or bonus. My boss has to write a short essay of why she went over, it's total BS, since these are things that you MUST have in stock and are hard to control how many that customers will need.

Add to that low paying jobs attract low quality workers who only get worse as the job wears on them.

Bean counters and corporate employees win, customers and front line people lose. Isn't that a GREAT business model!

You should see my manager take a deep breath when someone comes to the deli and asks for a zip top bag and proceeds to fill it with mayo packets even though they aren't actually buying anything from us.

Last edited:
You should see my manager take a deep breath when someone comes to the deli and asks for a zip top bag and proceeds to fill it with mayo packets even though they aren't actually buying anything from us.

I would never do that without buying something. Bad manners I say. I didn't have a problem paying for two extra packets, it was the cashier's attitude that made me angry. I said nothing angry or confrontational, just a question and offer to pay.

I would never do that without buying something. Bad manners I say. I didn't have a problem paying for two extra packets, it was the cashier's attitude that made me angry. I said nothing angry or confrontational, just a question and offer to pay.

Giving you a couple extra packets should have been a no brainer, it's just good customer service.

I can imagine it comes down to bad training. Manager proclaims that "no more than 4 packets in the bag" because they are likely just putting in handfuls, this gets taken as "we can't give out more than 4 packets". Add attitude to that and you get the terrible customer experience that you got.

Demystifying some facts about fast food burgers:

"Fast food hamburgers: what are we really eating?"
Fast food hamburgers: what are we really ea... [Ann Diagn Pathol. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

A careful reading of the entire NIH article, not just the abstract, would reveal some interesting facts. First, that article was in 2008 so, in research time, that's fairly old. Science does move on in increments, both verifying and refuting some previously believed facts. It's wonderful!

http://www.hnossalmeron.com/hamburguesas/prayson_anndiagpath_dec2008.pdf

Guidelines for slaughtering, meat cutting and further processing

Using a simple Google search it's found that all hamburger has a high water content, both raw and broiled patty.

The study also identified how much skeletal muscle was in the meat. ". In 7 of 8 brands, more than 20 fragments of skeletal muscle were identified"

Yes, that's true! Pretty hard to have beef with no skeletal muscle in it!

It would also be impossible to not have nerves, blood vessels (or water) in your hamburger even if you raised and butchered them yourself. They're in the skeletal muscle. But the scientists doing the study were certainly precise in their study, I have to say. :)

But one source, relating this study said there was no fat mentioned. Just show how facts gets confused; adipose tissue is fat. (As well, I know! :( )

The plant material may be soy. But that article is from 2008 and most fast food joints (now) don't add soy to their meat to extend it. It would interesting to read the same research being done in 2014.

Plant material could also be spices: oregano, parsley or ??

I don't think fast food burgers are very healthy compared to what one can prepare at home, although I do eat them sometimes.

The study also identified how much skeletal muscle was in the meat. ". In 7 of 8 brands, more than 20 fragments of skeletal muscle were identified"

Yes, that's true! Pretty hard to have beef with no skeletal muscle in it! ...
I'm confused. Isn't skeletal muscle what we usually consider meat (other than offal)? Does that study really say that one brand of burgers had no skeletal meat? "more than 20 fragments". I don't know how big a fragment is compared to a burger, but that doesn't sound like much meat to me. Scary stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom