"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 09-19-2006, 02:03 AM   #11
Head Chef
What Survivor????????? We haven't heard anything since the last Survivor finished and we usually keep in line with the States, although last time we were a few weeks behind cause we had the Commonwealth games.
Where is it? Is it Christmas Island? My beautician's husband is a set builder and he has been away for a while building the challenges etc but I didn't think it would start so soon. DO NOT GIVE OUT ANY SECRETS!!!!!

There is no such thing as a little garlic.
mrsmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:18 AM   #12
Senior Cook
I finally got to watch it tonight, taped by a friend, on Thursday. I think the ethnic split is rediculous and it seems thqt most of the survivors do as well. Yeah I liked that they kept Exile Island as well.

DaCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #13
Head Chef
Survivor was good and the ethnic split is ok and I can't see why everyone makes such a big fuss over it. (news media). Everyone is proud of who they are so whats the big deal? I seen a special on survivor and they are told what to do alot to make the show interesting.I don't care tho, it's still a good show. Better then drug lords and alot of killing.
thumpershere2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:42 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I don't know thumper... I just think that with all the worlds problems... splitting people into groups by ethnics is silly. WHY separate people instead of bringing them together??
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #15
Assistant Cook
I am not a Survivor fan--will watch the last few episodes. But the premise of this show is absolutely heinous. NO excuse for it except for the controversy of it.
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:22 AM   #16
Chief Eating Officer
Gretchen, if you find the premise absolutely heinous and feel there is no excuse for it then why will you watch the last few episodes? I am just curious.

I personally do not like that show or any other similar reality shows, but to each his own. I am lucky enough to have a remote with fresh batteries so I can change the channel
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #17
Send a message via Yahoo to Bo0pY
Hopefully the merge will come sooner than later
Bo0pY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #18
Senior Cook
Survivor is my only realty show. I usually enjoy it. I didn't think the racial divide was any more bizarre, than last seasons old women, old men, young women, young men divide. They'll have to merge into two tribes soon anyway. Then when the merged tribe with more members of one tribe than the other begins voting the outnumbered out, I suppose it will look racial. Although, that pretty much happens every seaon regardless of race.

carolelaine is offline   Reply With Quote