Syncronized Diving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
This is the first Olympics I have ever seen this sport. I am finding it fascinating to watch. It is hard enough to do these dives, but to do them exactly the same way and at the same time as someone else is just mind blowing to me.

I have been memorized watching it. My daughter told me she want to do that when she grows up.

If I even attempted some of that, I would be dead, lol
Those that they jump off backwards and flip forwards, my head woud be a mess!!

I've got a lot of respect for all of these athletes.

Nearest thing I ever got to synchronized diving was when my cousin and I did belly-flops to tick off my sister when we were kids ... or with my BIL when we did it to tick off our daughters/wives.

I have no problem falling through the air like a rock ... I do have a problem doing it gracefully.

I love this event..It's beautiful and also calming..Something to just enjoy with your eyes

cj

Synchronized swimming is awesome! The diving is certainly tough - but put a dozen or more swimmers into a pool and have them synchronize their movements to music (which they would probably have a problem hearing) .. that is totally amazing.

Anyone remember Esther Williams? And, there were the synchronized swimming extravaganzas at the old New York Hippodrome theater before that (anyone remember that from old movies?)

Oddly enough my father went to college on a diving scholarship (high dive was his specialty) - I was always mesmerized watching MY Daddy do that - but I would also sit by the side of the pool and cry until he was "down". :rolleyes: He could swim 4 length's of a pool (it was at the Y) underwater...we grew up IN the water and I love all water sports. He also put on some big productions in synchronized swimming and even swam with Ester Williams. I'll have to dig out the pictures and see if I can scan them.

I don't get how you can do this and not be the exact same height and weight!!!

Amazing!

I watched that with the kids earlier, I was wondering if I had just been on a different planet my whole life (which is possible) or if that was a new event.
It was really incredible!

Back
Top Bottom