Table cloths?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Where does this go? I'm having my kitchen re-done (well, the walls anyway) and would like to find the old-fashioned cotton damask country check (you know, picture Italian restaurants and picnics) fabric yardage or table cloths. You used to be able to find them in red (preferred), green, and blue (OK as well). Many years ago I used to be able to buy them from Vermont Country Store, and had many (in both red and blue). Funny, I can find cheap plastic printed like that, but no one I can find (I'm slowly going through every site, but will never find them all). I have a friend who sends me these old damask tablecloths when she sees them in thrift shops and yard sales, and I do the same, but I guess the fabric is too expensive to make any more (after all, it's what you use for a kitchen table). Anyone seen them in a catalog or on-line lately? I've been looking for years.

Where does this go? I'm having my kitchen re-done (well, the walls anyway) and would like to find the old-fashioned cotton damask country check (you know, picture Italian restaurants and picnics) fabric yardage or table cloths. You used to be able to find them in red (preferred), green, and blue (OK as well). Many years ago I used to be able to buy them from Vermont Country Store, and had many (in both red and blue). Funny, I can find cheap plastic printed like that, but no one I can find (I'm slowly going through every site, but will never find them all). I have a friend who sends me these old damask tablecloths when she sees them in thrift shops and yard sales, and I do the same, but I guess the fabric is too expensive to make any more (after all, it's what you use for a kitchen table). Anyone seen them in a catalog or on-line lately? I've been looking for years.
Some of the ersatz 'genuine oilcloth' kitchen tablecloths are not all that cheap and except it the presence of smokers are quite durable. I've bought several from Vermont Country Store and am satisfied. -
http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/...ble_Linens/Genuine_Oilcloth_Tablecloths/55098

Oilcloth by the Yard available at The Vermont Country Store

The quality of the material from Vermonth Country seems to be a little better than that from-
http://www.oilclothbytheyard.com/

We have some from OCBTY but have not put it into use yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom