Taco Bell being Sued over their Taco meat...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was only a matter if time. Taco Bell's "beef" is pretty obviously made from other substances. It's pretty grotesque.

I used to eat a taco like once every year or so as a guilty pleasure, but last time the "beef" looked and tasted so much like seasoned wet cardboard that I decided it went on my "Never Again" list.

Maybe I'm gross, but I love Taco Bell. It is disheartening to see this story, and I hope they start making their beef more "beefy," but I still love it. I guess it is a good thing we don't eat there often though. I will always prefer homemade tacos, but now and then I like to get their Taco Supreme or Burrito Supreme.

:shock:Barbara

It looks like the truth will come out. I'm sure Taco Bell isn't the healthiest place to eat, but it looks like it isn't as bad as the suit said either. Someone is always getting disgruntled over something. I heard where another lady got burned over something careless just this week. We can't legislate SANITY! OR COMMON SENSE!

Maybe I'm gross, but I love Taco Bell. It is disheartening to see this story, and I hope they start making their beef more "beefy," but I still love it. I guess it is a good thing we don't eat there often though. I will always prefer homemade tacos, but now and then I like to get their Taco Supreme or Burrito Supreme.

I must be gross to. I like Taco Bell on occasions.
We shouldn't be surprised by the lawsuit. Or the beef contents. If it is beef. You get what you pay for.

If Taco Bell is the flavor of the week. Maybe people should take some responsibility for their own meals. Taco Bell doesn't deliver it to your door. You picked it!
Stay home and make my dinner! :ROFLMAO:

While I agree that they should not be misleading us, they are not the first to do it. It's nothing new. I eat Taco Bell on occasion but I have never done so under the impression that it is healthy stuff. What it is is cheap and filling. As for me if I want real nutrition I will make it myself.

While I agree that they should not be misleading us, they are not the first to do it. It's nothing new. I eat Taco Bell on occasion but I have never done so under the impression that it is healthy stuff. What it is is cheap and filling. As for me if I want real nutrition I will make it myself.
You cannot get a milk shake at MickyD any more. Same reason

You are in good company. Sometimes, there is just a need to "make a run for the border." I love Taco Bell, but never thought it was "healthy." I love bean burritos with the Verda sauce, onions and cheese. Mmmmm.

LOL Like I told James yesterday when we were watching "Super Size Me" again and discussing fast food and junk food, "We knew we weren't shopping at a health food store!"

:)Barbara

You mean that McDonalds doesn't use milk or doesn't use ice cream? Either way that would be great for me, I'm lactose intolerant!

You mean that McDonalds doesn't use milk or doesn't use ice cream? Either way that would be great for me, I'm lactose intolerant!
I'm going from memory, but I remember McDonalds being forced to remove the milk label from their shakes because they lacked enough milk to be called a milk shake

Has anybody seen the movie Food Inc.? You would be surprized (and disgusted) to know what goes into fast food... :shock::shock::shock:

I had a taco there years ago (maybe it's different now?) and I found the the seasoned beef at least had flavor...my beef is that the white lettuce they use is flavorless and nutritionless and ditto for the pale tomatoes.

Who cares if they add oats and water to the meat?...I thought wholegrain was good for you ;)

Last edited:
...Yeah I like Taco bell as well, a whole lot I might add.

Can't wait to see what they are adding to their 40% meat. If the past when meat prices sky-rocked my mom would add things that were kind of 'meat like' to stretch it out for us.

Has anybody seen the movie Food Inc.? You would be surprized (and disgusted) to know what goes into fast food... :shock::shock::shock:

To be honest, most people would be surprised and disgusted to know what goes into any food. The FDA guidelines take into account locust years and mother nature in general. When I was in the classroom, my high schoolers would practically go on a food strike when I had them review the FDA guidelines for what they ate for lunch. It's estimated that the average American consumes between 1 to 2 pounds of insects each year without knowing it. I'll keep everyone resting easier by not posting the amount of rodent hairs, excrement, and other items that are forgiven by the guidelines. Most countries mirror our guidelines (or we mirror theirs.) Guidelines may vary slightly...or lower significantly depending on the country.

Those of us who seek less chemicals and pesticides, and wish to be more organic, get a benefit of additional surprises. Like most things, there are pros and cons in this. A pro is that we are not ingesting chemical poisons. A con is 100 grams of chocolate may contain sixty or more insect fragments and 1 rodent hair. I love my unbleached wheat flour, but it comes at a cost that is not always monetary.

Now, the insect and rodent additions to foods cannot really be avoided. I guess what I am saying is that food at Taco Bell may have surprises, but so does the sterile bag of organic popcorn as a few rodents have likely chomped on some of grains in the bag. :rolleyes: So Taco Bell adds additives, fats, etc. Mother nature added all kinds of things to the corn that went into the shell long before Taco Bell had a chance at it. :) When I was a research assistant in college, we used to joke in the lab that Mother Nature can be credited with making the first chocolate-coated ants. :LOL:

~Kathleen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom