Taco Bell Hotel... Seriously?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugh, it comes with a 12 pack of tacos. :) Just kidding. Being from California and Texas, I am used to (and spoiled by) much much better Mexican fast food choices.

I guess motels and eating aren't too disparate. Up until maybe 100 years ago, most hotels/motels also had restaurants in them. The "Inn" or "Public House" offered food and rooms for rent. There were also standalone restaurants and standalone hotels, too. Probably even earlier -- like early 1800's and earlier, most towns probably just had one Inn -- combo motel and restaurant. I guess. I am not a historian of hospitality.

I love Taco Bell. I rarely eat fast food, but I developed a love of Taco Bell's food in the 90's when they had the Fajita Wraps. Unfortunately, they dumped those. Made me sad. Didn't go to TB for a long time after. Then I started going back and fell in love with the Mexican Pizza. Then the taco salads. Then the burritos. Then the Crunchwrap. One of my favorite things from TB is the steak soft taco, Fresco style.

Taco Bell in bed... well, as Ross mentioned, at least you will be close to a toilet when you have breakfast. :ohmy:

CD

I must be in the minority, as Taco Bell has never had that effect on me. Same with White Castle. People joke that "White Castle sliders definitely 'slide' in one end and out the other."

It's never bothered me. Maybe I have an iron gut.

I love Taco Bell. I rarely eat fast food, but I developed a love of Taco Bell's food in the 90's when they had the Fajita Wraps. Unfortunately, they dumped those. Made me sad. Didn't go to TB for a long time after. Then I started going back and fell in love with the Mexican Pizza. Then the taco salads. Then the burritos. Then the Crunchwrap. One of my favorite things from TB is the steak soft taco, Fresco style.

I mean it's not horrible, and I will eat Taco Bell before I will eat McDonald's, Burger King, etc., but I am just spoiled having grown up in California. We had El Taco there. It was a franchise developed when the 2 business partners split up in the 1960's. One opened Taco Bell, and the other El Taco. El Taco was slightly higher priced (maybe 20 percent more) and slightly more authentic.

El Tacos had similar mission style architecture, and they had fireplaces inside and also candles on every table. They also had combination platters were you could get 2 or 3 items plus rice and beans -- served on a hot plate. There was an El Taco like 1,000 feet from our house, and I loved the owners. They were Lebanese-Americans -- super super nice man and his wife and daughters worked there too and they were nice too.

I just loved their food. Their burritos had large tortillas (thin), and their beef tasted better than Taco Bells. Also they had awesome salsa with pico de gallo . I'd get a burrito, a taco and a side of chips/salsa usually. I'd sometimes get a combination platter.

el-taco.jpg

Last edited:
I mean it's not horrible, and I will eat Taco Bell before I will eat McDonald's, Burger King, etc., but I am just spoiled having grown up in California. We had El Taco there. It was a franchise developed when the 2 business partners split up in the 1960's. One opened Taco Bell, and the other El Taco. El Taco was slightly higher priced (maybe 20 percent more) and slightly more authentic.

El Tacos had similar mission style architecture, and they had fireplaces inside and also candles on every table. They also had combination platters were you could get 2 or 3 items plus rice and beans -- served on a hot plate. There was an El Taco like 1,000 feet from our house, and I loved the owners. They were Lebanese-Americans -- super super nice man and his wife and daughters worked there too and they were nice too.

I just loved their food. Their burritos had large tortillas (thin), and their beef tasted better than Taco Bells. Also they had awesome salsa with pico de gallo . I'd get a burrito, a taco and a side of chips/salsa usually. I'd sometimes get a combination platter.

el-taco.jpg

Yeah, I know, Taco Bell isn't really Mexican food. But I still love it sometimes :)

However, that's not to say I don't love authentic Mexican cuisine. But I'm a wimp when it comes to the spicy stuff, so I go with the milder dishes.

We used to have a chain here called Zantigo's and that place I really miss.

Back
Top Bottom