Taco Bell Queston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Some history: I've eaten at Taco Bell for years, over thirty five years. Was introduced to the chain in San Diego. My favorite menu item was the Beefy Burrito Supreme. It came with a generous portion of seasoned ground beef, fresh lettuce, tomato, beans, and other fillings. It satisfied the craving.

Twice in June, I ordered a beef burrito supreme from our local taco bell. The fillings were barely there, and the ground beef amounted to about 2 tsp worth. The thing was all tortilla. The beef was all at one end of the burrito as well.

The second time was last Thursday. This time, I requested double meat, and that the meat be spread out. Again, the end product had about 2 tsp. of meat, and lackluster everything else. But the meat was spread out. About every other bite, I got a small piece of beef.

Next Saturday, I will be inviting 2 young men from our church over for supper. They will get burritoes made my way, and filled to bursting with good things. I'm sad for them though. Right now they think Taco Bell serves good food.
After eating a good, home-made burrito, Taco Bell will never seem the same to them.

I think I will visit the taco bell website and complain about how lousy their food has become.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

If that store's regional manager has contact info, go with that. Forget the store manager.

I got a large pizza from Domino's that was undersized. I got a hold of a regional manager via voice mail and he had that particular location credit me with three free pizzas and three 1 liter sodas. That's Domino's tho. I'm not sure how much your regional manager is into public relations.

Try another Taco Bell, see if it's the same with them?

Last edited:
I've eaten at Taco Bell exactly twice in my life. The first time was maybe 25 years ago, and that was just to try it. In all honesty, I thought the food was okay. It wasn't authentic Mexican by any means, nor did I expect it to be. But it wasn't awful. The last time I ate there was about 10 years ago, and simply because it was the only thing open in the small town where I happened to be staying. Again okay, but nothing to write home about. I think I had a salad sort of entree but, in all honesty, I don't remember exactly.

The one thing I do remember about both occasions is that the food there was extremely cheap. If the quality has gone down hill, my guess is that it might be because you ultimately get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Our little town has a fairly decent Taco Bell, though I've probably only eaten their food maybe twice in 20 years. As I recall, they used a lot of rice as filler. Mexican it ain't, but cheap. We usually have pseudo Mexican from Taco John's, which I think is a midwest chain. The owner here does a lot of volunteer and charity work, and is highly respected in our community.

A while back we had the worst pizza ever from another regional chain. Not sure if they changed their sauce recipe, or what happened. I went on their website and complained in a nice way. They responded by giving us credit for two free pizzas. And the sauce was much better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom