"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #61
Master Chef

I better hurry up and clean my kitchen, oh, cleaning again .

Old 02-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #62
Executive Chef

I love all the kitchens here on DC they after all the heart of the home.
I live on a ranch where they supply the housing so I didn't want to spend too much on it since its not mine.We have a row of 6 houses in our area that are all exactly the same but its interesting how we all have fixed them up no one has the same looking house on the inside.
I had to paint all the cabinets as they very a very dark dark brown almost black.All the girls up here painted their cabinets diferrent one is red,one blue,one white one a darker green than me and one that left them as they were.
We all tend to go a bit mad with paint on our walls also.
OH! Thanks to every one that helped me get these pictures up.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #63
Executive Chef

Very nice Phinz
Old 02-26-2006, 02:50 PM   #64
Head Chef

Thanks!

I *love* Raton. Such a beautiful area.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:04 PM   #65
Executive Chef

Thanks Phinz! Raton is pretty cool if you dont mind living in the middle of nowhere on top of that Im another 45 miles west of Raton there is nothing on that highway but nature. I like it. Thanks to satillite tv and now internet.
My computer is nice to have to shop buy books etc.If I wanted to do some real shopping it would be a 4 hour trip to get to Santa Fe. But then I would stay about three days and really have fun.
Texas girl you are right up there to as far as having a long drive theres no running to the store just to get a quart of milk.
I go to Trinidad,CO twice a month for groceries etc.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #66
Executive Chef

Thank you texasgirl and pdswife. My son is 39 and mentally challenged, so I'm his caretaker. He's a good guy and basically takes care of himself. All I do is cook for him.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #67
Senior Cook

Well, here's two thirds of mine...

I've been workin' on this for months. I built it around the 1950 Roper range. I added the convection oven were the washing machine used to be. I made all new cabinets, had a ceramic friend make the tile; it's hand made and painted. Went with granit top, porcelain sink, and a cherry floor. I'm just about finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen1 copy.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1013   Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchenhutch.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	1014  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0029.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1015   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0030.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1016  

Old 02-26-2006, 05:45 PM   #68
Master Chef

I love the stove!!
Nice kitchen.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:26 PM   #69
Executive Chef

Nice Phil, how do you like your oven being built into the wall? I bet it's a lot more convienient than having to bend down to put something in there. Future planning for me.
Quote:
Thanks Phinz! Raton is pretty cool if you dont mind living in the middle of nowhere on top of that Im another 45 miles west of Raton there is nothing on that highway but nature. I like it. Thanks to satillite tv and now internet.
My computer is nice to have to shop buy books etc.If I wanted to do some real shopping it would be a 4 hour trip to get to Santa Fe. But then I would stay about three days and really have fun.
Texas girl you are right up there to as far as having a long drive theres no running to the store just to get a quart of milk.
Nice to have another New Mexican around, I grew up in Santa Fe. Sometimes I miss the blue skies and beautiful sunsets but I don't miss the dry and the dust. We've been in Washington about 3 years now, but always go back to NM every Sept/Oct to peel and jar our years worth of green chile and we visit all our family as well.
I will be posting my kitchen soon, I've been meaning to take pictures but it's always a huge mess.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #70
Executive Chef

Thanks Corazon
My kitchen is a bit cluttered so I moved stuff from one side to the other and vice versa so at least it looked more cleaned.
I know what you mean about dust we have had no moisture that plus 3 dogs and two cats.Well! You can just imagine.