Taking a Bath in the Restaurant Sink, Thats Why I Prefer to Eat at Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In forty five years of cooking and working in the trade I have witnessed some really gross things. When I had my own place you could eat off the floors most of the time
soap and water are cheap so is bleach.

well, why in the world would he want to bathe in a sink and have a buddy catch it on camera is beyond me... sheesh where's the excitement in that except when you get called in and get fired over it .now if he was blowing up the plumbing, not that I'd condone it, I can see the youTube interest......how stupid can you get to post it on YOuTube which gets thousands of hits......of course someone's going to go and tattle....I would certainly have been disappointed in watching something like that...........best to learn lessons at a young age...........we had some teens in my neck of the woods who actually videtopad themselves blowing up mailboxes.....guess what the police found when they picked them up......Evidence! no lawyer had a chance.......as far as food contamination goes.......it's a hit and miss.....if it hits you and you don't get too sick you'll build up antibodies.....living in Cairo was like dodging landmines......you took certain precautions.....only bottled water, no fresh fruits or salads, and nothing from food stalls.........cold foods had to be cold and hot foods had to be hot......meats had to be cooked all the way thru.....that was a pretty good rule

That's gross. Won't stop me from eating out though, I once saw a dog poop on the path but it won't stop me from walking down the road :D

well, that's logical, Lynd...........i wouldn't either but I can understand other people's squeamishness and respect it.......and lack of desire to eat out.......for me......I've lived in several third world countries and have the attitude "that which doesn't kill you makes you strong" you just take precautions and you still may get hit with food that you buy and take home to prepare.....look at the spinach and what not that recently killed a few people in the states......I've learned to wash everything that I serve including chicken breasts...we tend to eat out at good restaurants (not expensive but not fast food either unless it's Subway) and that's at a place where I know the owner/manager......then again we've lucked out with an intestinal disinfectant that we've picked up in Germany and Egypt (the one in Egypt is made by a French pharmaceutical) have asked a few pharmacists here if they knew of anything similar in the states and unfortunately they don't.....kills tons of different kinds of bacteria that you get from contaminated foods........it's not an antibiotic and usually 1-3 capsules take care of it..........why the states don't have it I don't know.....the active ingredient is nifuroxazide....has a long shelf life, too........there are no contraindications....but I wouldn't suggest any medication for a pregnant or nursing mom. either..........

Oh yeah, I completely agree. I used to eat a lot of takeaway but I don't really touch it anymore. I prefer to eat at restaurants that are nice but not too expensive.

I didn't see this clip. Hubby and I were in Bakery Square one night after a movie for a piece of lemon supreme pie. I went to wash up before eating, and there was a woman bathing in one of the sinks in there, shampoo, cream rinse, soap, toothbrush etc. Dirty clothes off, clean clothes on, hairdryer out, curling iron on.

I went to the manager and told her I wasn't aware that this was a hotel. She looked at me oddly of course and I told her to check out the bathroom. I watched as she did, didn't come out for quite a while, wonder what was said in there.

My son and his wife came home from a trip and were grossed out over this:

They were offered a first class seat for $100 during a flight to Florida. It was a breakfast flight and of course came with a complete meal. My son had finished most of his breakfast but left one slice of bacon and most of his scrambled eggs.
The man sitting across from my son had fallen asleep and just before he woke up the flight attendant realized that there were no more eggs. She took my son's plate, scraped off the remaining bacon and eggs and put it in front of the sleeper waking him up. They were so grossed out over this they will refuse any airline food now. They are both sorry they didn't tell the passenger about it.

I fly first class but I always book the first seat and because of that I get served first. I ain't takin any chances. :LOL:
That's just plain crude!!!!

We always fly first class too when going somewhere here in the US, but when I go home to Australia, I bring my own meals because I can find no reason to pay first class just for food and leg room alone, besides I can't afford it -- yet. I hate airline food, especially in cattle class.

We always fly first class too when going somewhere here in the US, but when I go home to Australia, I bring my own meals because I can find no reason to pay first class just for food and leg room alone, besides I can't afford it -- yet. I hate airline food, especially in cattle class.

I always fly American Airlines and their food is restaurant quality. It's always hot, a lot of it and well prepared. During the flight the attendant comes around with freshly baked chocolate chunk cookies that I just love. I'm still going to sit in the first seat, I'm not trusting anyone. :rolleyes:

About a year or two before Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead passed away the group was giving a concert at an outdoor theater near our home (no we didn't go). One of the fast food restaurants in the area had to close mid afternoon when the Dead Heads were in town because so many of them were washing their feet in the bathroom sink that it was pulling away from the wall and had to be replaced. Oh, well...

Back
Top Bottom