Taking a break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just now seeing this Laurie. You will definitely be missed. Do what you have to but don't go overboard!!! Hope things go as planned.

Barb

Thanks for letting us know, Laurie, so we won't worry about you! Please don't overdo it with your knee and I hope your house looks beautiful when you're done! We will all miss you.

Just wanted to share with all of you..I just talked to Laurie, she had a long day and is tired,but is doing well. Her knee needs attention and doctor will be taking care of it..She is thrilled with her new rugs and getting back her cookbooks and the things she needs to work with..Talking with her was wonderful and she say's hello to all of you..and to let you know she is thinking of all of you
kades

Thanks cj! I really miss Laurie! I'm glad they are getting their house in order, but more than that, I pray that she takes good care of her health and that her leg feels better very soon.

:)Barbara

Oh, that's great! At least her house will be in working order while she tackles her knee problem. Please tell her we're all thinking of her and miss her, CJ.

Oh, that's great! At least her house will be in working order while she tackles her knee problem. Please tell her we're all thinking of her and miss her, CJ.
Will do,
I can't tell you how nice it was to hear her voice...Just made my day.
cj

Put me in that list of thinking about her.
Thanks for the update. But give her a tongue wagging about her leg, will ya?
Lauie,
saw the doctor yesterday..She knows what she needs to do to get her leg healthy..She sounded tired becase it was a long day. But she also sounded happy to have the new rugs in and her boxes of cookbooks back. Thanks for caring.
kades

I will miss you Laurie. Have fun rearranging, I always loved doing that. I'm glad you're getting everything back in order. Hugs!!

Yes, I have been thinking about Laurie a lot, too. I know how much it can take out of one to have such a big project especially when one is feeling so well. Hopefully, she will be back soon!

Okay, I guess my break is over! We are definitely nowhere near being done everything around here but decided that due to circumstances it is going to be a long time and we can't have our internet down that long so we have hooked it back up. I am not able to use my computer as the office is torn apart, but thank goodness for the laptop and wireless!

I won't be around much, but have missed you all and at least now I don't have to type quick emails on DH's little phone keyboard or change my Facebook status line via a text message on my cell!

We have new carpets but the wood floor is taking a long time due to the fact DH can only work on it in the mornings and I am of little to no help. We have some friends coming over on the weekend so that should help.

I have been reading through all your comments in this thread and the missing persons one and on my profile and your caring almost brings me to tears. My leg is swollen and painful again, but it is not due to anything I have or haven't done. It is scar tissue building up inside just as the first time when I had to have the second surgery. But they can not operate again as the scar tissue will just keep forming. I am elevating it and icing it 3 - 4 times a day, staying off of it as much as possible and will soon be going to my old physiotherapist who specializes in therapeutic needling (similar to acupuncture but slightly different) and massage therapy. He has helped me before and I believe he can again. I have had to give up the pool at least for now because it aggravates it too much so I go and do only the upper body workout and spend the rest of the time in the hot tub!!!! So please know that I AM looking after myself, honest.

I will be here on and off and really look forward to "chatting" with you all in the threads.

Thanks Stacy! I really appreciate your concern.

But that is what I am trying to say to everyone. I have slowed down, am doing nothing I shouldn't and everything I should! I have been and will continue to be a very good girl when it comes to my health.

Okay, I guess my break is over! We are definitely nowhere near being done everything around here but decided that due to circumstances it is going to be a long time and we can't have our internet down that long so we have hooked it back up. I am not able to use my computer as the office is torn apart, but thank goodness for the laptop and wireless!

I won't be around much, but have missed you all and at least now I don't have to type quick emails on DH's little phone keyboard or change my Facebook status line via a text message on my cell!

We have new carpets but the wood floor is taking a long time due to the fact DH can only work on it in the mornings and I am of little to no help. We have some friends coming over on the weekend so that should help.

I have been reading through all your comments in this thread and the missing persons one and on my profile and your caring almost brings me to tears. My leg is swollen and painful again, but it is not due to anything I have or haven't done. It is scar tissue building up inside just as the first time when I had to have the second surgery. But they can not operate again as the scar tissue will just keep forming. I am elevating it and icing it 3 - 4 times a day, staying off of it as much as possible and will soon be going to my old physiotherapist who specializes in therapeutic needling (similar to acupuncture but slightly different) and massage therapy. He has helped me before and I believe he can again. I have had to give up the pool at least for now because it aggravates it too much so I go and do only the upper body workout and spend the rest of the time in the hot tub!!!! So please know that I AM looking after myself, honest.

I will be here on and off and really look forward to "chatting" with you all in the threads.

my dear friend, so sorry you are having leg problems again. my daughter in same boat. three surgerys on her foot and it is worse. talking bout another surgery but i am not real comfortable with that. some people get more scar tissue than others. any scar i get on outside is also a keloid. i wish you no pain.
donna
:(

Back
Top Bottom