Taking a break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me starting a thread about myself, but I just wanted to let you know about my planned temporary absence. This was just easier than PM or profile messaging everyone and then worrying I have forgotten someone.

We are finally getting our carpets and floors in Thursday and Friday of this week - two months plus after the flood! We have so much to do to get ready and I also have to take it easy with my leg, so DH and I have decided to turn off our computers as of tonight for a couple of weeks to get reorganized. Besides getting our furniture back the way we want it, we will have about 60 boxes coming from storage that we have to unpack and put away (10 are my cookbooks) and I have a a wedding cake due on the 24th and the pan and boards I need are in those boxes!

So, I didn't want to worry anyone that I had dropped out of existence and I know how much we all worry when someone isn't around. That's one of the things about DC - we care and we make ourselves accountable to each other.

Have a good few weeks without me and I will report back when we are settled.

Thanks, DC family. I love you all very much!

Good luck!
I'm attempting one myself but it's not working out so well!

however I believe that 2-3 hours a day is MUCH improvement over 10 doncha think??
:)

What do you mean have a good few weeks without you? They can't possibly be truly good without you! I'm just thankful you are going to be away because of your house though, and not for health reasons. Be sure to take care of your health, and know that I am continuing to pray for that.

I'm so glad you will finally be able to get your house in order. I felt so bad for the trouble you both had to go through.

Come back to us as soon as you can. We will miss you!

:)Barbara

Thanks for letting us know. You will be missed, but we will keep your seat warm for when you return.

Take care...Get things all fixed up as you've been wanting to..But most of all rest that leg. You will be missed and we all look forward to your return
kades

Thanks, everyone, your words make it easier....and harder to go.

And Uncle B, make sure you only nibble on those Twuffles on the weekend, okay? I won't be around to watch out for you!

It will be nice for you to have everything fixed and put away so we will wait patiently for your return. I probably wouldn't have noticed because my classes start tonight and I too will be cutting back on visiting while in school.

It will be nice for you to have everything fixed and put away so we will wait patiently for your return. I probably wouldn't have noticed because my classes start tonight and I too will be cutting back on visiting while in school.
Good luck with your classes. What are you taking?

:)Barbara

You will be missed Laurie!!! Please don't over do it with that leg!! We don't want you to have to stay way any longer than you have to already!!!
Hope all goes smootly for you!! {{{hugs!}}}

Hi Laurie and thanks for the heads up. Stay safe, be good to your leg and we will see ya when you get back sweetie!

Geez. When I first saw you write you'd be "down" for acouple of weeks, I thought you finally took me up on the invite for a rest "in paradise".
Knowing you'll be on a "at home" "working" journey, I'll say lots of prayers that all goes well for your home, hubby, and your health. Please don't over do it.

I'll sure miss you! {{{hugs!}}}
hug-2.gif

Back
Top Bottom