Taking a break from cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I'm sure it's been done before, but I can't find it. How often do you eat out? How often is it fast food on the run, and how often is it a nice, pleasant sit-down dinner? How often do you do carry-out or have something delivered?

We eat out once a week most weeks, that is to say most Fridays we have a group who meet at our "third place" for a few drinks, then all, part, or just my husband and I head out and eat dinner. We only do fast food when on the road. We have a pizza delivered a few times a year. Although we sometimes have carry-out at friends' houses, I never get the concept when it is just he and me ... if you're going to the restaurant to begin with, why not let someone else wash dishes and wait on you!

I might as well say I never get carry-out or eat out for that matter. Mark and I will occasionally go out to eat, but that is rare. Home-cooked meals are more satisfying. Tonight, if my cold is better, we are going to a movie and dinner at Olive Garden. I've heard criticism about the chain, but the one in our city is fabulous!

I couldn't tell you the last time I had "fast food." I think it was Burger King... over a year ago.

Tonight, if my cold is better, we are going to a movie and dinner at Olive Garden. I've heard criticism about the chain, but the one in our city is fabulous!

We went to Olive Garden on Friday. I had the Braised Beef w/ Torellini and it was really good. I had not been in years and the menu has changed dramatically

We get take away maybe 2x a month at most. We very rarely eat out for dinner. I do go out for lunch with some co-workers once a month though.

Last edited:
When u chef all days u eat ur own fastfood and believe me so fast!!

I try to go out 4 dinner 2 times a month more or less ...

Out to dinner maybe 2 or 3 times a month, I never eat fast food I personally think it is vile... I prefer cooking at home, it's cheaper, and I know what i'm getting... :)

Back
Top Bottom