"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
Master Chef

Tales of Tuxie the Cat

Last night Tuxie jumped up on the table where the water sprayer was sitting and somehow knocked it off the table onto the floor . The sprayer bottle broke open on the bottom and all the water spilled out onto the hardwood floor. I wonder if Tuxie had this in mind because he got tired of getting sprayed every time he started to go after the other cats. Now I have no sprayer and I think Tuxie accompished his purpose.
He is a very vocal cat , even tho I cannot hear him (I'm deaf) I can see his mouth meowing. He also follows me all over the house . He likes to play with the toy mouse and I have no idea where it went. He most likely flipped it under furniture somewhere. ....brief interupption while typing this... Tuxie just climbed into my arms for 5 seconds.
I can't get down on my knees to look under the furniture, due to bad arthritic knees and torn ligaments so the mouse is safe for now There are lost ping pong balls and tennis ball too all are hiding from the cat .
Tales of Tuxie will continue another day.....

Old 01-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
Head Chef

I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing from the time he knocked off the water bottle to the time he jumped in your arms .

These are my two favorite cat toys because they can't lose them. Oh, and the cats seem to enjoy them too! They are constantly trying to figure out how to get the balls out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cat-toy-1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	6744   Click image for larger version

Name:	cat-toy-2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	6745  

Old 01-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Executive Chef

I've never seen those cat toys before. I'm gonna have to look for them for my cats. Look like lots of fun.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
Head Chef

I got them at Petsmart. The red one is nice because it has replaceable cardboard inserts for them to sharpen their claws. When one side wears out, you flip it over.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
Executive Chef

We don't have a petsmart here where i live but there is one in Joplin, Missouri...not too far from where i live so i'll have to check it out. THANK YOU!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing from the time he knocked off the water bottle to the time he jumped in your arms .

These are my two favorite cat toys because they can't lose them. Oh, and the cats seem to enjoy them too! They are constantly trying to figure out how to get the balls out!
I have 4 trackball games but need more inserts. Funny thing is Tuxie likes to sit in the empty one . Tuxie , Ginger , Blackie and Snowy play with Trackball but Gracie could care less for it. Snuggies sometimes play with it. Next time I go to Petsmart I am getting more games for them and more toy mice.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
Master Chef

Hi there! I was going to post these in another thread, but I just uploaded the pictures. Your Tuxie reminds me of Cassie, a pet I had for 18 years. Here are some photos, though they aren't that clear.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
Head Chef

Vanilla Bean, your cassie is a dead ringer for my patches. She is in my pet album.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
Head Chef

Here is the link to my photo album so you can see how Cassie looks like Patches.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...albums123.html
Old 01-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
Here is the link to my photo album so you can see how Cassie looks like Patches.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...albums123.html
Thank you for sharing your album with me! Cassie has been gone for almost 9 years. She decided to get preggers too when I went on vacation to the Bahamas..... long story. I found her at the local Humane Society in western NY state. She was my first and only cat. I haven't had a cat since.

You made me smile!