Taste of Home Magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbie

Senior Cook
I have been a subscriber of taste of home magazine for years. I loved it because it was loaded full of recipes and NO advertising. Now, I got my recent issue and I can barely find any recipes, except for ALL the ones in the advertisements. ick!!!

so I will not be resubscribing. Does anybody know of a good cooking magazine, that is not mostly advertising? I hate paying for advertising.

Thanks!

I used to get TOH years ago. I let it go and seem to find all the recipes I need on the net. I got tired of trying to dispose/recycle stacks of magazines! I just hate all the advertising too.

I used to get TOH years ago. I let it go and seem to find all the recipes I need on the net. I got tired of trying to dispose/recycle stacks of magazines! I just hate all the advertising too.

Same here, I find all I need on the internet. I also have a little notebook that I write down websites that are particularly good.

I have been a subscriber of taste of home magazine for years. I loved it because it was loaded full of recipes and NO advertising. Now, I got my recent issue and I can barely find any recipes, except for ALL the ones in the advertisements. ick!!!

so I will not be resubscribing. Does anybody know of a good cooking magazine, that is not mostly advertising? I hate paying for advertising.

Thanks!

COOK'S ILLUSTRATED has zero advertising and there is a companion mag called COOK'S COUNTRY that doesn't either.

Upside: Very good recipes and not so many that you just get overwhelmed

Downside: a lot of tedious discussion about how they arrived at the final recipe. Although some of this discussion has implications that can be used elsewhere, they often use up 3 full pages, most of which is telling you what didn't work.

Still, they are the type of mags that you don't ever throw away. They also have an on line subscription which gives you access to all the past issue's recipes.

There is a lot of product and equipment evaluation too.

Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country are two magazines from the PBS cooking shows that contain no ads.

I stopped food mag subscriptions years ago. I find all I want in cookbooks and online. The two mags I mentioned have a lot of their content available online as well.

Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country are two magazines from the PBS cooking shows that contain no ads.

I stopped food mag subscriptions years ago. I find all I want in cookbooks and online. The two mags I mentioned have a lot of their content available online as well.

Great minds? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can only echo what has already been said. Because receiving print magazines from the US is awkward here, I don't subscribe to any. I used to subscribe to Taste of Home, and enjoyed the "comfort food" type recipes, however. I also used to get Cooks Illustrated and I do pay for the online subscription because I enjoy all the discussion of food chemistry. Understanding exactly what happens when butter combines with sugar, and how baking soda is different from baking powder is all interesting to me. I also liked Cuisine at Home very much, but they also have a very good website, as well as a forum. Bottom line - you can find anything you need on the internet. It doesn't quite replace the enjoyment of thumbing through the pages of a magazine, but I am getting used to it.

Taste Of Home has a web site.But you still have the ads.
My firewall is temperamental it blocks a lot of the ads,but sometimes it also blocks information that I need to see.It happens...

I've tried Cooks Illustrated,I've never been more bored on a cooking website as I was there.

If information is needed for a specific thing,I ask here.
The company's certainly much better.

Munky.

I no longer get cooking/food magazines - did enjoy Tast of Home when I got, sad to hear they have changed it so much.
There are so many
recipes online now, I find most of my recipes on the food network site or prevention.com (they have a ton of healthy recipes)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom