Tattoos???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say I have never had any inclination of wanting a tattoo of any sort, regardless of life's trials and tribulations. Nor do I see myself fit to judge others for any choices made in their lives with regards to getting tattoos, I think and have expressed it's a personal choice however it may be put, be it religious, a gift, a personal memorial, a medical alert,for status or as a crowning glory. I applaud your fortitute, as I for one would and could not endure the pain, expense or the time frankly. Acceptance is a worldly concept it's about each person and the gift's each has been given to give to others. I for example have two left feet and enjoy dancing even at the request of others to stop (mainly everyone starts to deny they are related to me during these episodes) but it's life and part of me and not my greatest gift but I know I'm still accepted in a very hillarious way. Lastly just enjoy life however it pleases one, without harm to others.

smoke king said:
Would a tattoo be considered "desecrating" ones body-that is to say, from a religious point of view?

Have you ever over-eaten? Have you ever gotten drunk? Have you always only eat "healthy" foods (never had a Big Mac and Frys)? Do you exercise daily to keep your body in peak condition?

If you answered yes to either of the first two, or no to either of the last two - you have already desecrated your body if you really want to get picky about it.

I do not remember reading anywhere in the Bible that "thou should not get a tattoo."

If you don't want to get a "tat" - just "cowboy up", be a man, and say so!

One of my DIL's is a tattoo artist ... I can get anything I want poked with holes (piercings) or inked (tats) for free ... those are just a couple of things I've had an interest in doing ... even when I was in the Navy and young and some of my buddies were getting tats.

Last edited:
Hello beautiful Deelady have you had a wonderful day, and been looking after yourself, life is about smelling the roses, taking time out, and listening to yourself because you know you the best.

Have you ever over-eaten? Have you ever gotten drunk? Have you always only eat "healthy" foods (never had a Big Mac and Frys)? Do you exercise daily to keep your body in peak condition

Wow!! Well, of course I've over-eaten, and gotten drunk. And just for the record, I do exercise every day, and I haven't eaten fast food, in any way, shape or form in over 7 years!!

The difference, obviously, is that a tattoo, is permanent-no matter how much you "loved Sadie" in 1982, once shes gone, so is its relevance and you simply look like a fool.

I think LEFSElover hit the nail on the head-One should always be careful about expressing "faith based opinions" in an open forum such as this, and its a lesson I won't soon forget. While some who responded chose to "read past" my question and draw their own conclusions as to what I was really asking, I would like to assure them that my question was simply what it was, as written.

And while it is sage advice to be sure, I don't feel the need to "cowboy up"(?) one way or another. (just for the record, theres a 17 year old kid down the street from me with that bumper-sticker on his pick-up-along with a pair of yosemite sam "back-off" mudflaps)

Thanks to all of you who contributed constructively to my thread, especially Ghettoracingkid-your perspective on the subject made the decision an easy one, and I'll be going in this week to have it done (I'll PM you with a picture)

For the first time since I arrived at DC, I am unsubscribing to my own thread. It truly was a mistake to approach this subject from a faith based perspective.

pain: a buzzing needle is scratching ink down 4 of 7 layers of skin. It feels like a bee sting but it is moving around so it is not too unpleasant except: the chest is sensitive near the central breast areas; the underside of the upper arm, and some bony areas. Red ink is more viscous and tends to hurt more going on (in) .

Inspect the tattoo shop for cleanliness, use of sterile procedure, gloves, disposable items, use of petroleum jelly, bleach solution, etc. Talk to the artist about the procedure and see pics of his/her work. No one should be smoking drinking eating in the room where the inking is being done.

Take care of your ink: wash the area and apply ointment or cream as advised by the artist, and when it itches (and it will ) slap it rather than scratch so it heals well. It doesn't take long but it is a process.

Back
Top Bottom