"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
View Poll Results: What is YOUR opinion on Tattoos? (votes NOT public)
Cant get enough! Expressive and sexy! 7 20.00%
One or Two small ones are nice. 11 31.43%
I dont care either way unless there are a LOT of them. 7 20.00%
I dont like them. I wouldnt get them. 7 20.00%
Good for a pirate. Otherwise they are repulsive. 2 5.71%
I have NO opinion. Leave me out of this Deadly Sushi! 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
It's a great story King. Good luck being sent your way!

Old 02-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #22
Master Chef

What about an option: I like them, I think they cool, but would never get one for my self. Sign me in for that one.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:11 PM   #23
Sous Chef

I've never seen one that stood the test of time well. They all seem to feather and turn an odd shade of blue as the person ages. Maybe they are making them better these days though.

It kind of tickles me to see some old codger with a tattoo peeking out from above his dress sock, which he's wearing with sandals, or from the short sleeve of his yellow Arrow dress shirt.

BC
Old 02-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #24
Assistant Cook

Got two tattoos years ago and now regret em but only because they are not at all good, think I'm going to have to get a good tattooist to do something with them. If anyone is thinking of getting one I would advise you to see some of the artists work in the flesh so to speak before going ahead.
Just realised my first post in a cooking forum is about tattoos - lol. Maybe I should get two pork chops with crossed whisks and an egg timer to keep me on track.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:47 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Welcome to the group wolf!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #26
Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat
I've never seen one that stood the test of time well. They all seem to feather and turn an odd shade of blue as the person ages. Maybe they are making them better these days though.

It kind of tickles me to see some old codger with a tattoo peeking out from above his dress sock, which he's wearing with sandals, or from the short sleeve of his yellow Arrow dress shirt.

BC
The techniques and inks used these days are a lot better than the old days of tattooing. They do not fade nearly as much, and if they do, you can get them touched up.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:29 PM   #27
DC Grandma

Picture this...
A beautiful girl with a tatoo....................

50 years later,
An old lady with a tatoo...
I'm not into pain LOL

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:28 AM   #28
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
Do you know what you'll get Anau?
I was thinking something small and simple like a leg band. Traditionally it would cover just about your entire body but I don't think I'll go that far! They mostly consist of geometric designs and it's always in black.

I've actually found an organization that owns a collection of old historic sketches of people with tattoos and they will design one for you specific to whatever ethnic group your ancestors came from.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:11 AM   #29
Sous Chef

My two younger kids both got tatoos in memory of their older brother when they each turned 18.My oldest son ( the one who passed at 18) never got a tatoo but he used to draw a copyright sign on his leg and the year he was born(1981)with a ball point pen.So when my other son was 18 he had a tatoo put between his shoulders of the copyright sign with his birth year.When my daughter turned 18 she drew a small dragon holding a rose and incoporated in the dragon's tail she inscribed RIP Jymm (my son's name).She took it to a tatoo artist we know and he was able to tatoo her lower back with it.I never had a problem with tatoos before unless they were done way overboard but, then again that's for the person getting tatooed to decide anad if I don't like it- I don't have to look!!;)Just sharing.Vicki
Old 02-23-2006, 08:24 AM   #30
Head Chef

When I get down to 180 lbs, I'm getting a 1/4 sleeve on my left shoulder/arm. I would love to have a Pe'a, but wouldn't do it out of respect for the Samoan tradition.

There's a popular quote in the tattooed world: The only difference between people who have tattoos and people who don't is that tattooed people don't care if you don't have tattoos.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote