"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #111
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Buller View Post
I just had that front end put on this winter when I had the top-end work done. It's from the CVO series they use on their factory customs.

Forks. Fender. Wheel. Tire. Cables. Triple trees. 5,500 dollars.

(Had her dyno tuned. Betty screams like a young man's dreams.)
Sweet, but quite a layout of cash. but hey when it's your baby it's worth it though. I would just love to be able to own one. Love the last line too, LOL.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:23 PM   #112
Senior Cook

Not to hijack, but Betty came as a stock 88-inch twin cam. I had the engine rebuilt to 95 inches before I took delivery. She's EFI.

This winter I had the push-rods and the cams replaced for more low end and passing power. I had also purchased a "race tuner." That's little interface unit about the size of a pack of cigarettes that allows the mechanic to "talk" directly to Betty at every point of the RPM band when she's strapped to a dynamometer.

You should see the dyno print out. Perfect fuel utilization at every point. Torque and BHP rise together and cross about 5,500 RPM. The CPU has a rev-limiter at 6,200.

Second and third gear on an acceleration ramp is quite "sporty."

Old 08-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #113
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I'm not a fan of the sensation VB. Although I barely felt the one on my shoulder at all.
I do like the before rush you get though. That's pretty neat.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #114
Chief Eating Officer

Lets try to keep this thread about tatoos guys. Feel free to start a new thread about bikes if you want though.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #115
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
I got my first one 2 weeks ago. It's a pink tulip on my left shoulder. My mom passed away from cancer when I was 9. Tulips were one of her favorite flowers. So I got the word Mom with '49-'82 through the stem. I never considered myself a tattoo person and couldn't get one just because. This was a long process for me to decide to get it...over a year...I'm happy and don't regret it which is what counts for me.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #116
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshoo96 View Post
I got my first one 2 weeks ago. It's a pink tulip on my left shoulder. My mom passed away from cancer when I was 9. Tulips were one of her favorite flowers. So I got the word Mom with '49-'82 through the stem. I never considered myself a tattoo person and couldn't get one just because. This was a long process for me to decide to get it...over a year...I'm happy and don't regret it which is what counts for me.
I love your story mesh, you really loved your mom. Very special. Now see that makes sense to me. Much like my husbands first ever not even two years ago. His whole right shoulder is me. How could I get mad at that? Plus, I know he can never stray very far, I occupy his right arm [and he's a BIG guy]for all the world and any would be suitors to see.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #117
Master Chef

found a pic of my tatoo.
oops... photo was normal. you could see my tattoo.
better pic under jackweet's photos.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #118
Sous Chef

Finally foudn a bad pic of 1 of them

Old 08-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #119
Senior Cook

Tattoos

Reply to letscook, it sounds as though you have common sense, in the real world, many youngsters think they are cool, once done sometimes when they get older they regret them and have all sorts of problems trying to remove them, also in Australia Dr's have discovered that placing peircings and tattoos on your body makes you more suseptible to Hep C which is the lowest degree of Hepatitis but can also make your body ill, let me know when you open your laser surgery business, we can do a trans-continental US/Aust radical laser tattoo removal and make big bucks.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:46 AM   #120
Sous Chef

Wow-wish I'd seen this post yesterday-My wife just gave me a gift certificate for some "ink" for our anniversary - which I thought, and still think is probably the coolest and most imaginative gift I've ever recieved. But, I was telling someone about it and this person told me, in no uncertain terms, that tattoos were frowned upon by the church and considered "desecrating" ones body.

Now I'm not religious in a "devout" sense, but I do have my beliefs and I'll stand by them, so this got me to thinking-and I started a thread yesterday!!

I've come to realize that as long as it has meaning, art is art-so I think it will be OK. My life has revolved around music for the last 30 years, and while it hasn't made me rich, it is the one thing that I have always been passionate about-so I'm sure that whatever I get, it will somehow reflect that.

Or, I may just get Woody Woodpecker smoking a cigar (just kidding!) I'll post pics after its done!.