"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-07-2008, 05:59 AM   #21
Head Chef

i think they are awful, so many have them, What are they going to look like when their 60. My daugher has 3cherries on her leg. how will they look to people that would hire her, or when she a mother of 3 boys become a grama they will be dried up cherries on her leg. As we get older the body shifts what will those cherries look like.

I think it is a shame all the younger generation now at a drop of a hat get them, but of course the younger generation now only think day to day not at all whats to come down the road.

if you don't like your looks- you can always change your hair style,your weight, your style of clothes but a tatoo is forever.

At 53 I think Ill go back to school and take up laser surgey, when all these kids wake up and realize they screwed up -- I'll be a millionaire.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:59 AM   #22
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by letscook View Post
I think it is a shame all the younger generation now at a drop of a hat get them, but of course the younger generation now only think day to day not at all whats to come down the road.

if you don't like your looks- you can always change your hair style,your weight, your style of clothes but a tatoo is forever.

At 53 I think Ill go back to school and take up laser surgey, when all these kids wake up and realize they screwed up -- I'll be a millionaire.
That's pretty much how I feel about it. I have seen some tattoos that are interesting and some that are even pretty, but it is definitely a major commitment which shouldn't be done on a whim. They just made tattooing legal here so I'm sure I will start seeing even more of them now.

Barbara

Old 01-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
4 tats
one is an Ankh in green (symbols meaning Life)
The other 3 are a heart and the Amiga logo and Name (the Best computer ever made)

I have one earing with a Neodymium magnet on it that allows me listen to Electricity fluctuations around me. (it`s also great for hanging screws and small tools on when you need an extra pair of hands in an awkward position like up a ladder etc...)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:22 AM   #24
Senior Cook

I had this done years ago, I remember it hurts!

Dodi's Home Page
Dodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:36 AM   #25
Sous Chef

Not a chance!! I don't get it. I guess it's a generational thing, although I'm not that old. My daughter talked about getting one for years, I said "No Way!" As soon as she moved out she got one on her ankle, a big fancy version of an "I", the initial of her on again, off again best friend. I think it was stooooopid decision!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #26
Head Chef

my wife has two .. really nice .. they are our childrens star signs ..
i am working on getting a couple
Old 01-07-2008, 09:39 AM   #27
Master Chef

My brother-in-law has a really tastefully done small bracelet on his upper arm---made out of small seagulls and being from Corpus Christi, TX, and a game fisherman it goes with his personality........
Old 01-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodi View Post
I had this done years ago, I remember it hurts!

but it's so pretty..............
I wouldn't and won't get one ever, it's not on my list of things to do.
but if I did, it would be a vine with the letters of our family name intwined into the vine, you'd not be able to see anything other than the vine itself, unless you looked really good
Old 01-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #29
Executive Chef

I think if you are going to get a tatoo you need to think a long time on what you want what it means to you and where you want to put it. I have one tatoo between the middle of my back and my right shoulder blade its a Zuni Bear Fetish its unique and its mine. I was 38 years old and visiting my dad in Warner Robins, Georgia a big military base there. When I told him he had fit did not think it was appropiate at all when I showed him what I wanted and where, he liked the idea and told me which tatooist was the best. It was incredibly painful I actually started to go into shock he had to stop several times cold cloth for my head I almost quit during the outlining. He told me it was because my nerves were not used to that feeling and it would get better when he was filling in the color. His girlfriend gave me a beer to relax they also offered a shot of whiskey I shoulda taken it. Any way I got it done and have not regretted it except where I put it no one can see it.When I got back home told my mother what I did and she was so dissapointed until I showed it to her than she said maybe I should get a celtic armband
Old 01-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #30
Master Chef

I passed out when I had my ears pierced---scared the ####### out of my college roommates........so I can identify, JG............celtic armband...what does that look like?