"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #41
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
You were still in wild California then?
Yep! But I'm sure they had TVs in the backwoods too!

Barbara

Old 01-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #42
Cook

I have a celtic cross on the top of my right foot

Old 01-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #43
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
... if I did, it would be a vine with the letters of our family name intwined into the vine ...
It would have to be one big vine. I have 5 kids and only one of them doesn't have middle name.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #44
Head Chef

Quote:
My 4 don't really count - it's just eyeliner, which, is already wearing off and needs to be redone.
I'm not a fan of tattoos.

However, if I wasn't so chicken about something going wrong near my eyes, and if it wasn't so easy to apply eyeliner, I'd get the ones you have, kitchenelf.

Lee
Old 01-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #45
Head Chef

I find the comments about aging and gravity rather amusing. As we age lots of things aren't going to look so good but least of all the tattoo.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #46
Executive Chef

Quote:
My 4 don't really count - it's just eyeliner, which, is already wearing off and needs to be redone.
exactly why, when in my hairdressing days, when all my girlfriends were getting their eyes done and eyebrows done and lips lines, etc, I didn't jump on in. they all got their certs to be legit tattoo artists of the face anyway, I didn't. all my clients that I sent to these gal friends of mine, mostly got lips/eyelids/eyebrows done and every single solitary one of them had major fadage. is that a word? anyway, they all lost all of their color and repeatedly had to have everything redone and often, no thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #47
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSis View Post
I'm not a fan of tattoos.

However, if I wasn't so chicken about something going wrong near my eyes, and if it wasn't so easy to apply eyeliner, I'd get the ones you have, kitchenelf.

Lee
Now, eyeliner (on my eyelids) I would consider. (Not with any curlyques ) Except, I'm a little nervous at the thought of needles close to my eyeballs. Haven't worn eyemakeup in the last few years & look a little like an albino - being so fair. "Ahhh, Vanity. My favorite sin." (Al Pacino in Devil's Advocate). Now I just wear Dark glasses.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #48
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
It would have to be one big vine. I have 5 kids and only one of them doesn't have middle name.
it's an acronym for all of our names and it's the family corporation names that no one knows of except us and it means something to us, you'd not see any letters how I'd designed it but I'd know what it said. again though, I won't be doing it unless I get a few horses........can you say branding iron
Old 01-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #49
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue View Post
... But have you seen the places wild hair springs up when a person gets older?? It's positively simian.
The worst part is that the eyesight starts slipping right about the same time, and carpal tunnel or arthritis make the dexterity in the tweezer-holding hand start to go! So I've been told anyway!

Barbara
Old 01-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #50
Master Chef

Wow.....I hear you on the eyesight issue.....it's pretty bad when you've got to position your book between your toes crossed over your legs so that you can read the darn thing while relaxing on the beach.........carpal tunnel.....isn't that a landmark in Arizona????? Pain in the fingers......doesn't everyone over age 55?