"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #61
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
I don't have any... but I was 'this' close to getting one this weekend! My best friend Beth whom I have only talked to on the phone and email for the past 2 years lives in Canada. Her husband is a famous tattoo artist and does conventions all across the US and Canada. The convention this past past weekend was in Austin, Texas. When my friend told me they would be in Austin, I bought a plane ticket and flew there to meet her in person. Never been to a tattoo convention and I have to tell you, I saw some really strange stuff! Anyhow, we talked about getting my first tattoo, but it never happened.... I think I was a bit overwhelmed by it all.

Anyhow... I got to meet my best friend in person, she is totally awesome! And I learned a thing or two about tatts!
I bet i know him. My cousin is a world famous pin striper and painter for hot rods. He has painted on various shows such as Monster Garage and Pimp my ride. He has tats all over him. I was going to go to the international tattoo convention when it came to Salt Lake, even though i dont have any and dont really like them. I still wanted to go because my cousin was there with his display of cars. But i didnt make it. I bet your friend was there too. i bet they know each other.

Tattoos for me are just not my thing. I do like some of them but i still wont get one.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #62
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
I bet i know him. My cousin is a world famous pin striper and painter for hot rods. He has painted on various shows such as Monster Garage and Pimp my ride.
well let me just ask you this, does he know anyone that could redo or work on a Mopar? oh do let me knowwe've got one in need in the garage...

our sons probably have 15 between them.
much to their father and my shegrin, I was so angry at them both.
the little one so looks up to his big brother that of course, he had to follow.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #63
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
If your body is a temple, why can't we paint the walls?

I am fully sleeved on on arm, a majority of the other, have the right calf done, started on my back, and can't wait to get under the gun again!

Tattooing is the worlds "second" oldest profession. It has come far from a right of passage, or something criminals have, tattooing is an art form.

I am actually more surprised at the comments I get from, cough*"older" people, in particular, older ladies. They seem fascinated and want to hear about it and touch them.

Tattoos are a very personal thing, regardless of if they are on display for the word to see, or covered up and hidden and "just for you".
Old 01-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #64
Executive Chef

It certainly is an old art form for instance the Mauri sp? tribes in New Zealand have elaborate tatoos even on their faces even the woman have them.In Japan it was also art. Many cultures have some way of permanantly decorating themselves. Im sure it was the sailors of old times picked up the art in their travels and of course people in the military also. Its interesting I would love to learn more. By the way its alot less painful now a days as the old method is I think a is sharp bone or tooth and they go around tou body basically tapping in with a sort of hammer.Very painful and the danger of infection enormous.
I will hafto remember a move I saw once.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #65
Executive Chef

Found it it my cool movie guide the movie is called Irezumi filmed in 1983 in Japanese with English subtitles.I saw it along time ago but recognized the title when I looked it up. Well worth watching.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #66
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
it goes back long before that too. They have turned up frozen ice mummy's with tattoos, and once studied, the tattooed areas corresponded with the exact areas that they still use to this day in regards to acupuncture.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #67
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
it goes back long before that too. They have turned up frozen ice mummy's with tattoos, and once studied, the tattooed areas corresponded with the exact areas that they still use to this day in regards to acupuncture.
well then speaking of accupuncture, does it help with tinitus?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #68
The Dude Abides

acupuncture does. I used to go for carpo and tennis elbow. Worked wonders.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #69
Master Chef

my son has tattoos , some he has done himself. Some he put on ex wife while they were still married.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:58 AM   #70
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
well then speaking of accupuncture, does it help with tinitus?
It didn't help me. I had acupunture years ago, hoping to help me hear again.