Tattoos, who has 'em?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think they are awful, so many have them, What are they going to look like when their 60. My daugher has 3cherries on her leg. how will they look to people that would hire her, or when she a mother of 3 boys become a grama they will be dried up cherries on her leg. As we get older the body shifts what will those cherries look like.

I think it is a shame all the younger generation now at a drop of a hat get them, but of course the younger generation now only think day to day not at all whats to come down the road.

if you don't like your looks- you can always change your hair style,your weight, your style of clothes but a tatoo is forever.

At 53 I think Ill go back to school and take up laser surgey, when all these kids wake up and realize they screwed up -- I'll be a millionaire.

I think it is a shame all the younger generation now at a drop of a hat get them, but of course the younger generation now only think day to day not at all whats to come down the road.

if you don't like your looks- you can always change your hair style,your weight, your style of clothes but a tatoo is forever.

At 53 I think Ill go back to school and take up laser surgey, when all these kids wake up and realize they screwed up -- I'll be a millionaire.
That's pretty much how I feel about it. I have seen some tattoos that are interesting and some that are even pretty, but it is definitely a major commitment which shouldn't be done on a whim. They just made tattooing legal here so I'm sure I will start seeing even more of them now.

:)Barbara

4 tats
one is an Ankh in green (symbols meaning Life)
The other 3 are a heart and the Amiga logo and Name (the Best computer ever made)

I have one earing with a Neodymium magnet on it that allows me listen to Electricity fluctuations around me. (it`s also great for hanging screws and small tools on when you need an extra pair of hands in an awkward position like up a ladder etc...)

I had this done years ago, I remember it hurts!

faustine-tatoo.jpg

Not a chance!! I don't get it. I guess it's a generational thing, although I'm not that old. My daughter talked about getting one for years, I said "No Way!" As soon as she moved out she got one on her ankle, a big fancy version of an "I", the initial of her on again, off again best friend. I think it was stooooopid decision!!!

my wife has two .. really nice .. they are our childrens star signs ..
i am working on getting a couple

My brother-in-law has a really tastefully done small bracelet on his upper arm---made out of small seagulls and being from Corpus Christi, TX, and a game fisherman it goes with his personality........

I had this done years ago, I remember it hurts!

faustine-tatoo.jpg
but it's so pretty..............
I wouldn't and won't get one ever, it's not on my list of things to do.
but if I did, it would be a vine with the letters of our family name intwined into the vine, you'd not be able to see anything other than the vine itself, unless you looked really good

;)I think if you are going to get a tatoo you need to think a long time on what you want what it means to you and where you want to put it. I have one tatoo between the middle of my back and my right shoulder blade its a Zuni Bear Fetish its unique and its mine. I was 38 years old and visiting my dad in Warner Robins, Georgia a big military base there. When I told him he had fit did not think it was appropiate at all when I showed him what I wanted and where, he liked the idea and told me which tatooist was the best. It was incredibly painful I actually started to go into shock he had to stop several times cold cloth for my head I almost quit during the outlining. He told me it was because my nerves were not used to that feeling and it would get better when he was filling in the color. His girlfriend gave me a beer to relax they also offered a shot of whiskey I shoulda taken it:LOL:. Any way I got it done and have not regretted it except where I put it no one can see it.When I got back home told my mother what I did and she was so dissapointed until I showed it to her than she said maybe I should get a celtic armband :LOL:

I got my first tattoo when I was 38 years, hardly a kid or a member of the younger generation by any stretch. You don't like tattoos, and that's fine for you....but getting a tattoo has nothing to do with how others see you or what's down the road. It's about that moment in time, and wanting to keep it with you.

How will mine look when I'm 60? I don't care, they'll still be part of me and the decisions I made when I was younger. I'll be 46 this year...still not a card carrying member of the younger generation, and still proud of my colour.

Screwed up?? Hardly.

I passed out when I had my ears pierced---scared the ####### out of my college roommates........so I can identify, JG............celtic armband...what does that look like?

:LOL: I almost passed out when I got my ears pierced I was 32 I had a delayed reaction I went to the grocery store right after all of a sudden I got hot all over,dizzy and sick to my stomach somehow I managed to not pass out.
A celtic arm band is just celtic designs tatooed around you upper arm.

i think they are awful, so many have them, What are they going to look like when their 60. My daugher has 3cherries on her leg. how will they look to people that would hire her, or when she a mother of 3 boys become a grama they will be dried up cherries on her leg. As we get older the body shifts what will those cherries look like.

:) I dont think any one should get a tatoo just to get one.I would never dream of going to a tatoo shop and just pick something it has to have meaning and you need to think long and hard as to where to put it. When I got mine I had an Indian Designs book and showed the guy what I wanted and I made sure that he used new needles. He ended up buying the book from me as he had nothing like that in his shop.I was 38 for goodness sake my body.But I hafto say young adults make poor decisions when it come to tatoos,piercings etc. I think you need to be a bit older when your not feeling so wild, rebellious and radical as we do when we are younger.

Last edited:
perhaps you just have a low pain threshold?

I got my 1`st Tat at 16, shortly after I left "home".

I think you need to be a bit older when your not feeling so wild, rebellious and radical as we do when we are younger.
I agree. As with anything, there are exceptions, but for the most part having a little age and life-experience behind us can help us make more rational decisions about things that will be with us forever. :cool: Tattoos aren't for me, and I can't imagine ever deciding to get one, but I have come to appreciate the art and symbolizm behind some of the ones I have seen. As more people get them, they are becoming more of an artform than in the past.

My 4 don't really count - it's just eyeliner, which, is already wearing off and needs to be redone.
Oh my gosh, you brought back such a memory! Do you remember back during the early '70s when some women (none I knew, but I saw them on TV) shaved off their eyebrows and had permanent eyebrows and eye-liner tattooed on with long curlicue designs that extended waaaay past their eyes?! They were trying to start a new style, but it didn't catch on. Those women are in their late 50s to early 70s now. I wonder how they like it now? Yikes!

I have one.

It's a Native American armband design with two feathers hanging just low enough to peek out near my elbow when wearing a short-sleeved shirt. I have had it for about 10 years (I'm 49 now) with no regrets. The design and the colors used represent different spiritual and philosophical beliefs that I had then and continue to hold.

I don't think I'll get any more, but you never know. Some see tattoos as permanent 'damage' while others view them as artistic forms of expression. I think some are very nice, but I do believe that some people go a little overboard with them (note: acknowledging that I believe, not saying those with more than what I consider to be a tasteful amount to be 'wrong'). To each their own.

Oh my gosh, you brought back such a memory! Do you remember back during the early '70s when some women (none I knew, but I saw them on TV) shaved off their eyebrows and had permanent eyebrows and eye-liner tattooed on with long curlicue designs that extended waaaay past their eyes?! They were trying to start a new style, but it didn't catch on. Those women are in their late 50s to early 70s now. I wonder how they like it now? Yikes!

You were still in wild California then? :LOL:

Did anyone see the episode a few weeks ago of The Amazing Race, where the grandfather and grandson had a chance to get way ahead--IF they had a small design (2 calligraphy style F's, for "Fast Forward") tattooed on their arms? Ten years ago I would have said it would be ridiculous to do that just to get ahead in the game. I still don't think just getting ahead in the game would be good justification to do that, but James and I both said they should do it (they did) because it would be a small, tasteful looking way to remember an experience that most of us will never get to have.

Back
Top Bottom