Tattoos, who has 'em?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mine is a rosary wrapped around my left arm below my elbow. i love that tattoo, & other people compliment me often.
i say, if you like tatoos, they're your choice.
i love to look at people's ink.

Maybe I should get a tatto on my arm of Bobby Flay with the words "Grill It!" underneath, LOL.
I once toyed with the idea of getting one, but never have. Hey, what about a tattoo of hair on the top of my head? I have been told that apparently I have a bald spot growing there... it is completely false of course!

I have hieroglyphics going down my spine that means "Put your past behind you"
It represents a difficult time in my life that I really learned some important life lessons from ....so even though I would never choose to return to those times I am proud that I was able to learn and grow from them.

You might find this hard to believe, but I have been a Harley rider (and a club member) for about four decades.

I do not have even one tattoo. None at all. I'm too cheap, I buy chrome. This is my present Harley, a 95-inch cammed HD Dyna Glide I call "Black Betty."

img_661397_0_8b8130281b792c06a506b969c48f598f.jpg

img_661397_1_bffa4f947c96d829dd17cee0185fbe03.jpg

img_661397_2_c8d72d4a72f80cd4634dcc3cbf40ff83.jpg

Yea, I'll take Black Betty over a tattoo anyday! Would love one of those... and yea I may be a wanna be but even I know it has to be a Harley!

I'm up to 4 now. Just got a monarch butterly on my right shoulder a week ago

Middie, how much do you love the sensation? What about that before buzz rush? You can almost taste it, yes?

I didn't get the fluer di lis when I was in NOLA last spring. I'll get it this autumn.
I can hardly wait for that 'day of' buzz.

Maverick2272 said:
Yea, I'll take Black Betty over a tattoo anyday! Would love one of those... and yea I may be a wanna be but even I know it has to be a Harley!

I just had that front end put on this winter when I had the top-end work done. It's from the CVO series they use on their factory customs.

Forks. Fender. Wheel. Tire. Cables. Triple trees. 5,500 dollars.

(Had her dyno tuned. Betty screams like a young man's dreams.)

Middie, how much do you love the sensation? What about that before buzz rush? You can almost taste it, yes?

I didn't get the fluer di lis when I was in NOLA last spring. I'll get it this autumn.
I can hardly wait for that 'day of' buzz.
that is almost very weird to me that you think that way, feel that way about 'that' ^^^ what you wrote, man. I guess what they say about them being addictive/addicting must be very true. different strokes I suppose

I just had that front end put on this winter when I had the top-end work done. It's from the CVO series they use on their factory customs.

Forks. Fender. Wheel. Tire. Cables. Triple trees. 5,500 dollars.

(Had her dyno tuned. Betty screams like a young man's dreams.)

Sweet, but quite a layout of cash. but hey when it's your baby it's worth it though. I would just love to be able to own one. Love the last line too, LOL.

Not to hijack, but Betty came as a stock 88-inch twin cam. I had the engine rebuilt to 95 inches before I took delivery. She's EFI.

This winter I had the push-rods and the cams replaced for more low end and passing power. I had also purchased a "race tuner." That's little interface unit about the size of a pack of cigarettes that allows the mechanic to "talk" directly to Betty at every point of the RPM band when she's strapped to a dynamometer.

You should see the dyno print out. Perfect fuel utilization at every point. Torque and BHP rise together and cross about 5,500 RPM. The CPU has a rev-limiter at 6,200.

Second and third gear on an acceleration ramp is quite "sporty."

I'm not a fan of the sensation VB. Although I barely felt the one on my shoulder at all.
I do like the before rush you get though. That's pretty neat.

Lets try to keep this thread about tatoos guys. Feel free to start a new thread about bikes if you want though.

I got my first one 2 weeks ago. It's a pink tulip on my left shoulder. My mom passed away from cancer when I was 9. Tulips were one of her favorite flowers. So I got the word Mom with '49-'82 through the stem. I never considered myself a tattoo person and couldn't get one just because. This was a long process for me to decide to get it...over a year...I'm happy and don't regret it which is what counts for me.

I got my first one 2 weeks ago. It's a pink tulip on my left shoulder. My mom passed away from cancer when I was 9. Tulips were one of her favorite flowers. So I got the word Mom with '49-'82 through the stem. I never considered myself a tattoo person and couldn't get one just because. This was a long process for me to decide to get it...over a year...I'm happy and don't regret it which is what counts for me.
I love your story mesh, you really loved your mom. Very special. Now see that makes sense to me. Much like my husbands first ever not even two years ago. His whole right shoulder is me. How could I get mad at that? Plus, I know he can never stray very far, I occupy his right arm [and he's a BIG guy:ROFLMAO:]for all the world and any would be suitors to see.

img_665056_0_7aa72471ca0f49aac7c6ba1e3d32d5dd.jpg
found a pic of my tatoo.
oops... photo was normal. you could see my tattoo.
better pic under jackweet's photos.

Tattoos

Reply to letscook, it sounds as though you have common sense, in the real world, many youngsters think they are cool, once done sometimes when they get older they regret them and have all sorts of problems trying to remove them, also in Australia Dr's have discovered that placing peircings and tattoos on your body makes you more suseptible to Hep C which is the lowest degree of Hepatitis but can also make your body ill, let me know when you open your laser surgery business, we can do a trans-continental US/Aust radical laser tattoo removal and make big bucks.:ROFLMAO:

Wow-wish I'd seen this post yesterday-My wife just gave me a gift certificate for some "ink" for our anniversary - which I thought, and still think is probably the coolest and most imaginative gift I've ever recieved. But, I was telling someone about it and this person told me, in no uncertain terms, that tattoos were frowned upon by the church and considered "desecrating" ones body.

Now I'm not religious in a "devout" sense, but I do have my beliefs and I'll stand by them, so this got me to thinking-and I started a thread yesterday!!

I've come to realize that as long as it has meaning, art is art-so I think it will be OK. My life has revolved around music for the last 30 years, and while it hasn't made me rich, it is the one thing that I have always been passionate about-so I'm sure that whatever I get, it will somehow reflect that.

Or, I may just get Woody Woodpecker smoking a cigar (just kidding!) I'll post pics after its done!.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom