Ted Turner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
What are your opinions of Ted Turner vs Donald Trump? Both are wealthy and have lot of success. Recently on Dave Letterman show I got to see Ted Turner. He informed Dave that he borrowed B, Billion dollars to UN. Does this mean the US is indebted to him for the debt? He is so durn confident when he is interviewed. He also mentioned that he has restaurants called Montana Grill where they serve buffalo meat from his ranch in New Mexico. He said buffalo were becoming extinct till he started raising them. Then they were multiplying like crazy. Don't you just wonder what kind of meals he eats? Always looks to be healthy and trim. He reminds me of Howard Hughes and his life. Anyone hear of Howard? Jane Fonda who Ted was married to, never has bad word to say about him. That is successs when someone is divorced and they still feel good about them. That doesn't happen too often. Just curious if any of you are even interested in this.

I think they are both pretty weird. Have you noticed that The Donald's new wife NEVER smiles in the photos of them?

The only thing I know about Ted is a sailboat race that both he and my dad were in. Ted was absolutely plastered most of the time and brought a skinny French model along on the race for decoration. This was in the pre-Jane years.

I don't know either personally. But, it bugged me when Mr. Turner colorized almost all the classic black & white films. Thank goodness they didn't touch "Casablanca". Not too pleased when I applied for a job years ago (when he was a small independent) & was turned down.

Dream

Well, there goes my dream! I am happy you both told me what you know personally, Ted, appears so kind quoting scripture and all. I had hopes that he was one of the better ones.

Maybe Donald's wife is told what to do. Probably has a higher opinion of herself like he does. Talk about bookends! His hair really gets my attention.

mish, you got to know him way back 'when'? Did you see him up close? Turned down, that is not good. One thing it happened for good reason. Probably you were saved from bad situation. Being turned down is one thing you never forget. Sorry I brought up old memories. I agree about the classics, not everything he does is success. Bet he can't ever say that.

I do appreciate your comments. Only makes me realize maybe my world isn't too bad. Have a good day to both of you.

Back
Top Bottom