Tell Me How This Works!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband figured out something similar to that a few months ago. I will have him try this one!!!!

whatever original color you number was, they're all broken up in the second series of numbers, so your number is the only possibility.

jkath is right. its simple.

there are 5 colors and 5 numbers with that color. you are asked to tell the wizrd what color your number is. then you are asked to choose the house that your number is part of. in that house you will find 1 number of each color. You've already told the wizard that your number is pink, then you identify the house as A -- and there is only one pink number there, so you have self-identified what your number is.

Yep - once you pick the initial color and the house ... the color blocks and crystal balls are only distractors and have nothing to do with anything ... except to make it seem more complex than it is. When you select a door - it's a simple process to make the number behind the door you selected the number you have already identified .... for example:

DO CASE

CASE door_pick = 1 and number is 13
Door1 = 13
Door2 = 2
Door3 = 20

CASE door_pick = 2 and number is 13
Door1 = 2
Door2 = 13
Door3 = 20

CASE door_pick = 3 and number is 13
Door1 = 2
Door2 = 20
Door3 = 13

ENDCASE

DISPLAY(door_pick)

... or something like that ... that's just a rough draft of a program stub ...

Last edited:
Sorry you are all wrong. Here is the way it works...

When you go to that website a virus is loaded onto your computer. This is a very advanced virus that was given to the website owner from aliens for hundreds of millions of light years away. The virus actually jumps from your computer right into your head and reads your brain. It then sends the number you are thinking about up to the mother ship which then beams it down to the website owner. Pretty amazing technology really.

Anyone want to buy a tinfoil hat? I am selling them for $3 each or 2 for $5.

Not interested in a tinfoil hat (how old are you, calling it tinfoil?!?!).

However, there are a couple of guys waiting outside to take to a nice place with people who will help you get better. Now, just slip into this "jacket" for me.

JennyEmma is close. But on the 2nd time I played the puzzle, I picked the intial number 18, which was violet in color. The next frame is obviously there just as a distraction as is the third frame. When asked to pick the correct house, the number 18 displayed in it was actually orange in color. But that didn't matter either as we are working with simple matrices. When I chose the color of the number, there were three collumns with a violet number in them. When I picked the house, each house had one of the initially violet numbers in them. By picking the house with the correct number, a simple compare statment was used to match the collumn with the only violet number in it and voila, you have the number eighteen. The door chosen didn't matter. Any door picked would have given you the same answer.

You have to remember, this is a software sorting routine that works by simple comparison, or if-then, goto statements. Each entry you make flags the program to enable a subroutine that narrows the field. And with such a limited field, it takes only three of four entries to solve the puzzle.

Hope that was crystal clear.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom