Tell us about your avatar.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i thought andy's was one of those rain gutter protectors with rain running over it. and janet h's was a lamp base. :huh:

mine is me all dressed up.

i thought andy's was one of those rain gutter protectors with rain running over it. and janet h's was a lamp base. :huh:

mine is me all dressed up.

Oh dear, I thought the same thing...

Thankful that Cheryl started this thread, and we got explanations!

My first name is Roch, a French Canadian name pronounced Rock in English. I have been drumming in bands since I was a teenager.(40 years? sheesh! I'm getting old)
Rocklobster was a B 52's song. And, seeing as you can cook and eat lobsters.....well....I came across this photo while searching for an avatar for this site. It seemed appropriate...

Last edited:
Funny, at first I thought Janet's was a lamp base too, until I read her signature line. :LOL: Took me 2 seconds to realize it was an ooey, gooey, luscious stream of chocolate. :ohmy: :yum:

Thanks, Dawg....my curiosity finally got the better of me. :LOL:

bucky....you are looking pretty good all dressed up there. :LOL:

I always thought Andy's was the rounded edge of of a stainless counter. Now that I know what it is, I can't see the counter any more.

Mines Easy. It's a hot dog. :yum:

And it's either a very small dog or a very large bun. ;)

I always saw Andy's as an aircraft wing with the horizon in the upper right corner. Now that I've seen the reality of what it is I don't anymore. The illusion has been shattered. :(

...Andy, I have to say I'm especially glad you shared the larger picture of yours! I've wondered about it since I first came here. :) I thought it was rain...

i thought andy's was one of those rain gutter protectors with rain running over it...

Oh dear, I thought the same thing...

I always thought Andy's was the rounded edge of of a stainless counter...

...I always saw Andy's as an aircraft wing with the horizon in the upper right corner...

Some vivid imaginations among you all. Now the mystery is gone, I'll have to come up with another avatar.

Reading all these, mine is dead boring! It's just me, taken outside a pub near where I live in the middle of summer 2013. I'd been unemployed for 10 months following redundancy and was feeling pretty low, so a friend took me to lunch and took this picture.

When I first joined I wanted to find something quickly, so I pulled that glass of wine off the web. I like wine. It's still there because I'm too lazy/forgetful to change it. Sometimes things on the web work great, like Kayelle's pin-up girl. I'm semi-active at a Cleveland sports forum. Joined mostly for baseball purposes. I decided Susan Sarandon from "Bull Durham" would work, even though I would never look like her in 100 years worth of make-up and costume people working on me! But like Annie Savoy, I do believe in the Church of Baseball. ;)

My avatar is of a Felyne Chef, an anthropomorphic cat species employed as cooks, from Capcom's Monster Hunter franchise!

Back
Top Bottom