Tell us about your avatar.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I first joined DC, it was my first forum. I realized that I needed a screen name and came up with Zhizara.

Then I realized that I would need an avatar.

I had thought of the hindu goddess with all the arms doing different things, but that reminded me of me when I was working and I was already retired by then.

When I saw the picture of the happy elephant in the waterfall, it seemed so full of the feeling of pure joy that I decided it would make a great avatar.

If I ever see a hindu goddess with her hands full of cooking utensils, I might make a change.

Last edited:
Love it, GG! :LOL: I put it in my faves. :)

Still enjoying coming to this thread and reading about the avatars, too! :)

Mine is a throwback to when we were supposed to have a "food related" avatar. And Spongebob is just such a joyful little guy, he had to be in there.

At one point I had a bunch of saskatoon berries, but SOME people kept figuring they were blueberries.

Well you are retired and you cancelled your plans for that yard sale. So start reading! :angel:
Addie, I'm not retired. Himself is retired. I'm fully employed without the benefit of a salary. If the hints I drop to Himself to help me get any heavier, that guy is going to need to go to the hospital with some sort of crushing injury. :glare:

Addie, I'm not retired. Himself is retired. I'm fully employed without the benefit of a salary. If the hints I drop to Himself to help me get any heavier, that guy is going to need to go to the hospital with some sort of crushing injury. :glare:

There is a couple here that are now BOTH retired. All their married life they both worked and contributed to the household expenses. When he retired, she still had a couple of months to go. He informed her, "now that I am retired, my retirement money is my own." That didn't go over too big with her. She put his name in for a separate apartment for him. Two months later an apartment in another building became available. She immediately started to pack his belongings in green bags. He still thought she was kidding. It was only when he got a phone call from the main office telling him that he could pick up his keys at the office here, that he got the message. All is calm here now. But for a while it was a little hairy to be around either of them. There were three camps in this building. Men who sided with him, women who sided with her, and the camp I was in. I thought the whole thing was amusing and couldn't wait to see how it would all end. The end of a long marriage, or peace and harmony once again. :angel:

There is a couple here that are now BOTH retired. All their married life they both worked and contributed to the household expenses. When he retired, she still had a couple of months to go. He informed her, "now that I am retired, my retirement money is my own." That didn't go over too big with her. She put his name in for a separate apartment for him. Two months later an apartment in another building became available. She immediately started to pack his belongings in green bags. He still thought she was kidding. It was only when he got a phone call from the main office telling him that he could pick up his keys at the office here, that he got the message. All is calm here now. But for a while it was a little hairy to be around either of them. There were three camps in this building. Men who sided with him, women who sided with her, and the camp I was in. I thought the whole thing was amusing and couldn't wait to see how it would all end. The end of a long marriage, or peace and harmony once again. :angel:

Why go to all of that trouble when nice fluffy pillows are so inexpensive! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

My avatar is a photo taken in a park in Montreal years ago. There is a park along the river with a pond that runs off onto a series of steps. I chose it because it is an interesting visual. Here's a more descriptive photo:

And I always thought it was an airplane wing. Thanks, Andy.

Drat. I just now read through the posts about Andy's airplane wing. I hate being late to the party.

Back
Top Bottom