Tell us about your avatar.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see that Alix (one of my favorite people, btw) has been here since 2002. When did this place start and has any other active member been here longer? Who started it?

I see that Alix (one of my favorite people, btw) has been here since 2002. When did this place start and has any other active member been here longer? Who started it?

Andy R. the site owner, has been here since 2002 as well. So that must be very near the time this place started.

A bunch of us joined in 2004 when Food Network closed down their forum. I just passed my 10th anniversary.

And, in my opinion, you have the most fun one of us all TAT!

....There were three camps in this building. Men who sided with him, women who sided with her, and the camp I was in. I thought the whole thing was amusing and couldn't wait to see how it would all end. The end of a long marriage, or peace and harmony once again. :angel:
What, no one voting on murder?
Why go to all of that trouble when nice fluffy pillows are so inexpensive! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Right Aunt Bea! When Mom got annoyed with Dad, if anyone asked her if she would divorce him she always answered "Divorce him? No. But murder has crossed my mind". :LOL:

And, in my opinion, you have the most fun one of us all TAT!

What, no one voting on murder?

Right Aunt Bea! When Mom got annoyed with Dad, if anyone asked her if she would divorce him she always answered "Divorce him? No. But murder has crossed my mind". :LOL:

You can include it in your garage sale!

Nearly new pillow, only used once! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

it was lawrence, lawrence of arabia. he was an english guy. he came to fight the turkish.

A bunch of us joined in 2004 when Food Network closed down their forum. I just passed my 10th anniversary.

That's right. Food network forum was a big mess. Though at the time I was sad to see it go.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

i thought andy r. bought the site from some english guy.

That sounds familiar. I don't actually know when this site opened for business.

The English guys name was Geoff. bubbagourmet was the Admin along with our lovely kitchenelf. The site started in 2000 or 2001 I believe. Bubbagourmet was a member over at another cooking website I was on, and he mentioned this place. That website was difficult to navigate and you needed a paid subscription to their magazine to belong so I jumped ship. There are a few members from back then that float in once and a while. Barbara L came over about then, although she is more active on FB than here as are many of the folks who are less active here. They show up when they have a cooking question, but the social stuff is on FB.

Bakechef...how about editing this one for your self?

shapeimage_2.png

Back
Top Bottom