"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Temperature

At what temperature do you think it is too cold to go outside and jog, run or exercise? I see the people on the ice skating rink. If it is okay for them, don't you think would be okay for someone to just exercise too? Seems my eyes st art to freeze from the wind when I am out there too long. Or is this excuse? I don't like to exercise indoors. Yet same time I feel that things are st arting to slip, if you know what I mean? This weather is not fair. Too long.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
unfortunately I can`t do any of those things anymore, but I rem when I lived in Canada as kid, we got to -42 and STILL had to go to skool :(

the temp was fine, just Skool I didn`t like :)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

They say you can get frost bite out in this wind chill in 30 minutes - Iam staying put ! (With a throw on my lap and warm keyboard !
Old 02-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Oh

Guess when you have habit of moving everyday you fear you will lose it. Almost going on over 2 weeks now and I think the motivation starts to go. I am moving doing things in the house but not at the consistancy that should be. Right now, I am disappointed at my neighbors AGAIN. Their dog is outside AGAIN w/no water, protection, or dog house. Every year this goes on. I would take the dog inside but then t hat makes them mad like I am trying to show them I disapprove. I just wondered about myself going out and I have to see this dog out there who doesn't have a choice. Who is the dummy here? They have another dog they just got, Dalmation. That dog inside. Why? When I feed it some kibbles or braunsweiger the other neighbor tells them I feed the dog. Are these people all brain dead? I am worried about the dog.
thanks for your comments, I will stay inside too. Appreciate it that I do the right thing.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

In the Kitchen...

If you have a Mall near by...and it's safe to drive...you could go there and walk...

I would advise to leave cash and credit cards at home...you might see something ...you just gotta have

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #6
Master Chef

Good Grief, I lost it! ITK, I don't remember where you live. Yesterday I walked at -15 -- which was idiotic (I'd made a charity obligation so walked to do that). Today I stayed in. I'd say about zero is where to draw the line. It is bad for your lungs and throat when it gets too cold and dry. Your sinuses kill you at a certain point. And yes, I want to hate some of my neighbors for the way they leave their "pets" out.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to mad_evo99
No Polar Plungers here, huh? I'm not either, but was thinking of it this year :P
Old 02-05-2007, 05:18 PM   #8
Sous Chef

We had some joggers who went out on their lunch hour today to run the 4 mile track we have outdoors. It was -8° with a wind chill of -35°. Whether they made the whole 4 miles, I'm not sure. They seem to love the challenge. I think it's insane.

BC
Old 02-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
ITK - I imagine your neighbors tell the dog owner you feed it because maybe they don't normally feed the dog "people food". If you are truly worried call Animal Control.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
Head Chef

If you want to get some exercise go to an inside mall and walk around. Then you are not outside in the cold.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote