"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #91
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Cat...it is plain to me that you ARE a Gift, you have made so many people very happy, your parents, your DA and us here at DC. I wish we were close enough that I could hug and kiss you, wipe away your tears and tell you all the fart jokes I know.

Please don't be angry with MammaCat, it is very clear that she loves you with all her heart and would never deliberately hurt you. I understand why she told us about the phone call, she thought you would need the extra support and love of your friends here to help you through this, since she can't be here to help you herself. Your Mamma has so much trust in us, your friends, that she knew we would be supportive and kind.

I agree with your Papa and Mamma that the Dean of your college was wrong in what she said and that it is not your place to "fit in", but your classmates place to treat you with respect at the very least.

Love You More!!!
P.Fiona

Old 10-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #92
Chef Extraordinaire

Very wise words Cat. We all care about you and hate to see you in such distress.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #93
Executive Chef

Mamma Cat - Welcome to our forum. We are very glad to "meet" you. I don't think Cat considers herself a utility child anymore. We can tell how much she loves her aunt and worries about her. I think she realized that coming to the US has been a gift that many never receive. Taking care of her aunt has taught her a lot, and she is responsible enough to handle it. There is a phrase we use here...."this too shall pass." It means that no matter how bad things may seem right now, brighter days are ahead. Cat will go on to graduate from college and do great things. Right now we are enjoying her company.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #94
Everymom

Ouch. CatPat, I'm sorry you had such a hard day. Sorry too that something that was so silly was so hurtful. Its hard to feel different from the others of your age and social group.

MammaCat, its lovely to see such warmth in a family. You both bring such joy to our little corner of the internet.

CatPat, that person that spoke to your father was an idiot. I'm a counsellor and I work with youth. My work is to help young people like yourself find their way a bit more easily. Counselling does not imply any mental illness at all! The suggestion to see a counsellor (while completely inappropriate at that moment) was not to imply a deficit on your part, but rather as a help to ease into a complex social structure more easily.

They were stupid and thoughtless of how you might react. And sometimes when faced with tears, adolescents will try to save face by being jerks and laughing. Immature, thoughtless and stupid but not necessarily bullies.

We didn't use toilet paper, or silly string, we used newspaper and wrapped up cars like presents. It was considered quite a feat to be able to "paper" a car without getting caught. The person whose car was covered might have been annoyed, but understood that it meant they were special as well.

I hope you feel better soon CatPat. I'm sorry you had a rough day.

CWS, I'm so sorry about Giselle! A big hug to you dear lady. Very sad day.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #95
Proud American

I thank you all so very much! I am not angry any more. I had to go away from this to ride my bike with Azia and to think of this.

Mamma did this what we do, to tell information and to express her opinions. She was right to say of the phone call. I was very much embarrassed and humiliated of this.

I thank you all for being so kind to me, and for saying I am special. Thank you, PrincessFiona, and Alix and Addie and Carol!

I apologize for being angry and to being in a snot of this. Mamma and I did speak on Skype and I apologized to her.

I am so happy of life, I do not mean to be ungrateful.

Thank you all!

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #96
Proud American

Oh no, I meant "snit" instead of snot.

Well, to think of this, perhaps snot is appropriate. I did have tears when speaking with Mamma, and with those, snot occurs also.

Oh well!

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-10-2013, 01:59 AM   #97
Master Chef

It's been a tough couple of days for you Cat. You need one of these:

I'm glad you got to talk to your Mamma and made up. My Mom said you never go to bed being mad at someone you love. It's good advice.

After reading and re-reading your Mom's post about your Dad's talk with the dean it gave me an idea. You seem wise beyond your years, very smart but very sensitive. My idea is a little strange, but it might work. Maybe you could suggest to your Advisor or Dean that it might be a good idea to have a little "cultural differences" session for the girls who covered Joy with silly string. Maybe a short meeting in the advisor's office so you can explain to these girls why you are so serious and such a hard worker with so much love for your family and country. Better yet, perhaps you need to start with that Dean your Dad talked with and explain to her why those other girls might want to become a little bit more like you - responsible and respectful!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #98
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm so glad things are brighter this morning! I could use it because it's still pouring down rain outside!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #99
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Somehow, I missed this thread. I am so sorry you had a bad experience, Cat. The good folks here at D.C. gave you good advice and support. There isn't more I can add beyond saying, I am happy you have sorted things out.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #100
Proud American

Sometimes I become mad with Mamma but I never stop loving her. Just as she becomes mad with me but never stops to love me also.

I did apologize to Mamma, but she said no of this. She said to me that my feelings are just as important as hers are, and that we do not have to agree at all times.

I thank you all very, very much! Cooking Goddess, I may try this, but since the Dean believes I am needing counseling it will perhaps go over as a fart in church. She was very disrespectful to my Papa of all this.

Thank you all of the hugs and all the good advice which was for me. Alix, Papa said she was an idiot also.

I went to school today and I held my head up and I acted as if this terrible thing had not happened. I said nothing of this and went about the business of class.

I apologize if I scared anyone or made anyone upset of this. It was not meant for to do this.

I also apologize to you, Mamma. I know you said no to apologize, but it is that wrong is wrong and I was wrong. I love you, Mamma and Papa.

With love,
~Cat