Terrible Day Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cat, I truly doubt the bank lady was laughing at you, she was laughing at the prank, not at you. Please don't feel humiliated, as we've said, this is not your fault. You are much stronger than this! I'm sure Joy enjoyed her (expensive) bath!

I hope so. I only cried a little bit, but inside I was angry and shamed. I am sure the bank lady meant nicely but it hurt.

I think Joy did like her bath. I apologized to her as I washed her. When the Silly String is in the sunlight on the car it is very hard to wash it away from it. It was very much work to make her clean again.

Thank you, Dawgluver. It will be all right tomorrow when Papa calls the college. Is Beagle doing better? How is she?

With love,
~Cat

Last edited:
Aw Pat, that wasn't very nice of them. Your classmates probably thought it made the car look funny. Try not to let them see you cry. Some mean people will do things to sensitive people, just to see them cry. I know it's hard. I used to get teased a lot until I learned how not to let them see me cry. I don't always succeed.

I could not help it. I saw this and my heart hurt immediately and I was stopped in walking to her and just cried. I did not cry much because they were laughing at me and I was humiliated and angry.

They do not understand what having this car is meaning to me. Their parents buy them cars, yes, and my parents paid for this, but it is much different. I do not know how to explain of this, but having my Joy is just different.

Thank you, taxlady. Is Shreddy doing well with his treatments?

With love,
~Cat

Is Beagle doing better? How is she?

With love,
~Cat

Yes, thanks, Cat. She ate a little bit after I poured chicken broth on her food. I think she has mouth sores, she also ate the people food I fed her, but we don't want her to get used to people food! Then she'll get really picky and expect people food all the time!

Thank you for asking Cat. I got a call from the animal hospital this morning. He is eating well, and seems to be adjusting. He is sweet to the techs, but he is a bit shy. He got his shot Monday.

What a terrible thing to do. The only thing I can think of is that they are jealous of the support you get from your family and how dedicated you are to DA.

I too had a bad day--I came home and went out to lock up the girls for the night only to find Giselle hanging off of the latch to the gate. She has a very deep puncture wound under her wing and was in shock--I stapled it shut with surgical staples, packed it with sugar, wrapped her in a towel and have her in a dog crate on a heating pad. I also gave her "chicken" electrolytes. I don't know what else to do. Hopefully she'll still be alive in the morning.

CWS, I wanted to become calm for you before to answer your post.

I am so sorry of Giselle. My troubles are nothing to yours. I hope she shall survive! Life is so very, very precious. I know you have done the very best for her and so I shall add Giselle and you to my prayers of my friends here on this website.

Dawgluver and Taxlady have pets who are ill, Addie is experiencing so very many difficulties, and there are others who are also seeing troubles and now there are you and Giselle.

I had not thought of this before this posting. I think perhaps I should not become so overcome with these minor troubles of mine but to focus upon others' troubles, which are so very much more important.

I am very sorry of your terrible day of her. Please tell me of her condition and if she survives of this injury. I am certain that others, of reading upon this posting, shall be very concerned also and shall join me in thinking of this and of prayers for you and Giselle.

Thank you for this lesson. God bless you.

With love,
~Cat

Yes, thanks, Cat. She ate a little bit after I poured chicken broth on her food. I think she has mouth sores, she also ate the people food I fed her, but we don't want her to get used to people food! Then she'll get really picky and expect people food all the time!

Well, it seems dogs are people too so it may happen. You do not like dog food, do you?:LOL:

Can you take her to the veterinarian to check of these mouth sores?

With love,
~Cat

Thank you for asking Cat. I got a call from the animal hospital this morning. He is eating well, and seems to be adjusting. He is sweet to the techs, but he is a bit shy. He got his shot Monday.

I am glad to know of his adjusting. Many cats are shy of veterinarians and strange people, so I believe this to be normal.

Are you allowed to visit with him during this confinement?

With love,
~Cat

I am glad to know of his adjusting. Many cats are shy of veterinarians and strange people, so I believe this to be normal.

Are you allowed to visit with him during this confinement?

With love,
~Cat
No, I'm not allowed to visit. They keep him in the "iodine room". It's because he is radioactive that they keep him. I think they will measure how radioactive he is tomorrow and again on Friday.

Well, it seems dogs are people too so it may happen. You do not like dog food, do you?:LOL:

Can you take her to the veterinarian to check of these mouth sores?

With love,
~Cat

:LOL:

Yes, we did take her to the vet, Cat, and he said she was fine. But after she consumed the dried corn husks, I'm wondering if it would be like so many paper cuts in her mouth, and it just hurts to eat.

BTW, she has never chewed corn husks before in all the years we've had her!

No, I'm not allowed to visit. They keep him in the "iodine room". It's because he is radioactive that they keep him. I think they will measure how radioactive he is tomorrow and again on Friday.

I see. I am still checking of the NASA website for the glowing mushroom cloud.

With love,
~Cat

:LOL:

Yes, we did take her to the vet, Cat, and he said she was fine. But after she consumed the dried corn husks, I'm wondering if it would be like so many paper cuts in her mouth, and it just hurts to eat.

BTW, she has never chewed corn husks before in all the years we've had her!

Oh this would be quite painful to her! I am glad to know she is well.

With love,
~Cat

I agree too.

But I bet the people who played that prank didn't have any idea either(and maybe didn't care).

You seem to have been thrown into a new culture and a demanding "carer" situation at the same time. It's a lot to expect of anyone, let alone a student.

I am happy I can give you smiles! After a day of this, we need this!

Thank you all! And KatyCooks, I came to here knowing what was expected of me about DA. It is why it is so important to do my very best.

But I am still learning. And I have become much better of a cook that we do not need of the fire extinguishers any more.

It was becoming expensive.

With love,
~Cat

I am happy I can give you smiles! After a day of this, we need this!

Thank you all! And KatyCooks, I came to here knowing what was expected of me about DA. It is why it is so important to do my very best.

But I am still learning. And I have become much better of a cook that we do not need of the fire extinguishers any more.

It was becoming expensive.

With love,
~Cat

Just call me Kat! Or KC. ;)

Silly String didn't damage your Joy. It was a stupid prank by silly people.

Good to see your sense of humour is undamaged! :)

Last edited:
Just call me Kat! Or KC. ;)

Silly String didn't damage your Joy. It was a stupid prank by silly people.

Good to see your sense of humour is undamaged! :)

Ah, I see from one Cat to another Kat. Very well done!:)

All of you here brought it back around to me. Many of you are experiencing some very troubling things and these are so very serious.

I was allowed to explain of my sadness and humiliation and anger of seeing my Joy treated so badly, but I know Silly String on a car is nothing to compare to a sick pet or other very serious things.

It is because of all of you that I smile now. These things shall work through.

It is a good thing to smile of bad things sometimes. Joy received a wonderful bath, I became soaked down to my tennis shoes, I have a new stove and we are not in need of a fire extinguisher any longer.

The NASA website is on my favorites list, I have CNN and Fox News on speed dial, and Taxlady is going to let me gain my 15 minutes of fame.

Life is so very good!:)

With love,
~Cat

Last edited:
Geez, all this was just silly string on Joy? When I saw the title I got a tear in my eye thinking "Cat came home from school and found DA had passed on???" Phew, so DA is OK then, right?

Let me give you a different view of this silly string stuff. Sure they might have done it as a prank to be funny or mean - I don't know, I can't read their minds. But when our kids were in high school (1995-1999) it was a big thing to get your yard toilet-papered. Mostly your classmates did it to let you know you were part of their crowd. Our son was always disappointed when the school year came and went and he didn't get TP'd. Well let me tell you, he went to a school that was 25 miles from our home and the only transportation was if we drove. Finally, after 3+ years of football/track/wrestling/mock debate team/etc our yard finally got toilet-papered! The reason it took so long? The kids in his class had to be old enough to get drivers' licenses and pay for the car insurance and gas before they could go 25 miles! :LOL: Whenever one of the kids from school got TP'd the same kids would show up the next day to clean up. Fun, plus not trouble to the person draped in paper. Heck, they even all got together and did it to the football coach's house at the end of the season.

Maybe your classmates were trying to initiate you. Maybe not. But if there is a next time with them pranking you, if they are around just smile, straighten your shoulders and stand tall, and say "OK, you had your fun. Now come help me clean this up, OK?" If you say it with a strong voice and a firm look in your eye they might help...but they probably won't ever mess with you again. :flowers:

...I too had a bad day--I came home and went out to lock up the girls for the night only to find Giselle hanging off of the latch to the gate. She has a very deep puncture wound under her wing and was in shock--I stapled it shut with surgical staples, packed it with sugar, wrapped her in a towel and have her in a dog crate on a heating pad. I also gave her "chicken" electrolytes. I don't know what else to do. Hopefully she'll still be alive in the morning.
Hope Giselle is OK CW. Let us know how she's doing, OK?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom