"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #21
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Cat, I truly doubt the bank lady was laughing at you, she was laughing at the prank, not at you. Please don't feel humiliated, as we've said, this is not your fault. You are much stronger than this! I'm sure Joy enjoyed her (expensive) bath!
I hope so. I only cried a little bit, but inside I was angry and shamed. I am sure the bank lady meant nicely but it hurt.

I think Joy did like her bath. I apologized to her as I washed her. When the Silly String is in the sunlight on the car it is very hard to wash it away from it. It was very much work to make her clean again.

Thank you, Dawgluver. It will be all right tomorrow when Papa calls the college. Is Beagle doing better? How is she?

With love,
~Cat

Old 10-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #22
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Aw Pat, that wasn't very nice of them. Your classmates probably thought it made the car look funny. Try not to let them see you cry. Some mean people will do things to sensitive people, just to see them cry. I know it's hard. I used to get teased a lot until I learned how not to let them see me cry. I don't always succeed.
I could not help it. I saw this and my heart hurt immediately and I was stopped in walking to her and just cried. I did not cry much because they were laughing at me and I was humiliated and angry.

They do not understand what having this car is meaning to me. Their parents buy them cars, yes, and my parents paid for this, but it is much different. I do not know how to explain of this, but having my Joy is just different.

Thank you, taxlady. Is Shreddy doing well with his treatments?

With love,
~Cat

Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post

Is Beagle doing better? How is she?

With love,
~Cat
Yes, thanks, Cat. She ate a little bit after I poured chicken broth on her food. I think she has mouth sores, she also ate the people food I fed her, but we don't want her to get used to people food! Then she'll get really picky and expect people food all the time!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Thank you for asking Cat. I got a call from the animal hospital this morning. He is eating well, and seems to be adjusting. He is sweet to the techs, but he is a bit shy. He got his shot Monday.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #25
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
What a terrible thing to do. The only thing I can think of is that they are jealous of the support you get from your family and how dedicated you are to DA.

I too had a bad day--I came home and went out to lock up the girls for the night only to find Giselle hanging off of the latch to the gate. She has a very deep puncture wound under her wing and was in shock--I stapled it shut with surgical staples, packed it with sugar, wrapped her in a towel and have her in a dog crate on a heating pad. I also gave her "chicken" electrolytes. I don't know what else to do. Hopefully she'll still be alive in the morning.
CWS, I wanted to become calm for you before to answer your post.

I am so sorry of Giselle. My troubles are nothing to yours. I hope she shall survive! Life is so very, very precious. I know you have done the very best for her and so I shall add Giselle and you to my prayers of my friends here on this website.

Dawgluver and Taxlady have pets who are ill, Addie is experiencing so very many difficulties, and there are others who are also seeing troubles and now there are you and Giselle.

I had not thought of this before this posting. I think perhaps I should not become so overcome with these minor troubles of mine but to focus upon others' troubles, which are so very much more important.

I am very sorry of your terrible day of her. Please tell me of her condition and if she survives of this injury. I am certain that others, of reading upon this posting, shall be very concerned also and shall join me in thinking of this and of prayers for you and Giselle.

Thank you for this lesson. God bless you.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #26
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Yes, thanks, Cat. She ate a little bit after I poured chicken broth on her food. I think she has mouth sores, she also ate the people food I fed her, but we don't want her to get used to people food! Then she'll get really picky and expect people food all the time!
Well, it seems dogs are people too so it may happen. You do not like dog food, do you?

Can you take her to the veterinarian to check of these mouth sores?

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #27
Proud American

Quote:
Thank you for asking Cat. I got a call from the animal hospital this morning. He is eating well, and seems to be adjusting. He is sweet to the techs, but he is a bit shy. He got his shot Monday.
I am glad to know of his adjusting. Many cats are shy of veterinarians and strange people, so I believe this to be normal.

Are you allowed to visit with him during this confinement?

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
I am glad to know of his adjusting. Many cats are shy of veterinarians and strange people, so I believe this to be normal.

Are you allowed to visit with him during this confinement?

With love,
~Cat
No, I'm not allowed to visit. They keep him in the "iodine room". It's because he is radioactive that they keep him. I think they will measure how radioactive he is tomorrow and again on Friday.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

Well, it seems dogs are people too so it may happen. You do not like dog food, do you?

Can you take her to the veterinarian to check of these mouth sores?

With love,
~Cat

Yes, we did take her to the vet, Cat, and he said she was fine. But after she consumed the dried corn husks, I'm wondering if it would be like so many paper cuts in her mouth, and it just hurts to eat.

BTW, she has never chewed corn husks before in all the years we've had her!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #30
Proud American

Quote:
No, I'm not allowed to visit. They keep him in the "iodine room". It's because he is radioactive that they keep him. I think they will measure how radioactive he is tomorrow and again on Friday.
I see. I am still checking of the NASA website for the glowing mushroom cloud.

With love,
~Cat