"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #31
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post

Yes, we did take her to the vet, Cat, and he said she was fine. But after she consumed the dried corn husks, I'm wondering if it would be like so many paper cuts in her mouth, and it just hurts to eat.

BTW, she has never chewed corn husks before in all the years we've had her!
Oh this would be quite painful to her! I am glad to know she is well.

With love,
~Cat

Old 10-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
I see. I am still checking of the NASA website for the glowing mushroom cloud.

With love,
~Cat
Cat, you have the most delightful sense of humor. I love it!

Old 10-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

Cat, you have the most delightful sense of humor. I love it!
I agree!
Old 10-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #34
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I agree!
I agree too.

But I bet the people who played that prank didn't have any idea either(and maybe didn't care).

You seem to have been thrown into a new culture and a demanding "carer" situation at the same time. It's a lot to expect of anyone, let alone a student.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #35
Proud American

I am happy I can give you smiles! After a day of this, we need this!

Thank you all! And KatyCooks, I came to here knowing what was expected of me about DA. It is why it is so important to do my very best.

But I am still learning. And I have become much better of a cook that we do not need of the fire extinguishers any more.

It was becoming expensive.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #36
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
I am happy I can give you smiles! After a day of this, we need this!

Thank you all! And KatyCooks, I came to here knowing what was expected of me about DA. It is why it is so important to do my very best.

But I am still learning. And I have become much better of a cook that we do not need of the fire extinguishers any more.

It was becoming expensive.

With love,
~Cat
Just call me Kat! Or KC.

Silly String didn't damage your Joy. It was a stupid prank by silly people.

Good to see your sense of humour is undamaged!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #37
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
Just call me Kat! Or KC.

Silly String didn't damage your Joy. It was a stupid prank by silly people.

Good to see your sense of humour is undamaged!
Ah, I see from one Cat to another Kat. Very well done!

All of you here brought it back around to me. Many of you are experiencing some very troubling things and these are so very serious.

I was allowed to explain of my sadness and humiliation and anger of seeing my Joy treated so badly, but I know Silly String on a car is nothing to compare to a sick pet or other very serious things.

It is because of all of you that I smile now. These things shall work through.

It is a good thing to smile of bad things sometimes. Joy received a wonderful bath, I became soaked down to my tennis shoes, I have a new stove and we are not in need of a fire extinguisher any longer.

The NASA website is on my favorites list, I have CNN and Fox News on speed dial, and Taxlady is going to let me gain my 15 minutes of fame.

Life is so very good!

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-09-2013, 03:50 AM   #38
Master Chef

Geez, all this was just silly string on Joy? When I saw the title I got a tear in my eye thinking "Cat came home from school and found DA had passed on???" Phew, so DA is OK then, right?

Let me give you a different view of this silly string stuff. Sure they might have done it as a prank to be funny or mean - I don't know, I can't read their minds. But when our kids were in high school (1995-1999) it was a big thing to get your yard toilet-papered. Mostly your classmates did it to let you know you were part of their crowd. Our son was always disappointed when the school year came and went and he didn't get TP'd. Well let me tell you, he went to a school that was 25 miles from our home and the only transportation was if we drove. Finally, after 3+ years of football/track/wrestling/mock debate team/etc our yard finally got toilet-papered! The reason it took so long? The kids in his class had to be old enough to get drivers' licenses and pay for the car insurance and gas before they could go 25 miles! Whenever one of the kids from school got TP'd the same kids would show up the next day to clean up. Fun, plus not trouble to the person draped in paper. Heck, they even all got together and did it to the football coach's house at the end of the season.

Maybe your classmates were trying to initiate you. Maybe not. But if there is a next time with them pranking you, if they are around just smile, straighten your shoulders and stand tall, and say "OK, you had your fun. Now come help me clean this up, OK?" If you say it with a strong voice and a firm look in your eye they might help...but they probably won't ever mess with you again.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #39
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
...I too had a bad day--I came home and went out to lock up the girls for the night only to find Giselle hanging off of the latch to the gate. She has a very deep puncture wound under her wing and was in shock--I stapled it shut with surgical staples, packed it with sugar, wrapped her in a towel and have her in a dog crate on a heating pad. I also gave her "chicken" electrolytes. I don't know what else to do. Hopefully she'll still be alive in the morning.
Hope Giselle is OK CW. Let us know how she's doing, OK?
Old 10-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Hope Giselle is OK CW. Let us know how she's doing, OK?
Sadly, she died. I will bury her under the cedar bush where she liked to nap. RIP, Giselle.