"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
Proud American

Terrible Day Today

I am so very upset of this! Some classmates put this thing called Silly String all over my Joy! She was covered in it! I went to the parking lot with some classmates and they began to laugh of my Joy. I was so hurt of this I cried.

I put enough of this off the windshield to drive to the car wash and I knew people were looking and laughing of me. I could feel my face burn with very much shame.

The classmates think it is funny. I do not! When I cried, they told me to not become so serious over everything. No one understood of my hurt. Cars of my Joy are very large luxuries in Romania. For me to possess one of these, it means so very, very much to me. I take very good care for her.

Why is this so funny? I think it is a terrible thing. I could never do something of this to anyone.

My face burns just to think of this again.

With love,
~Cat

Old 10-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm so sorry to learn of this, Cat.

The people who did this are insensitive and have "small" minds who think only of themselves.

Try to rise above this unnecessary act and hold your head up high. Anyone who would do such a childish thing belongs in nursery school not college. Don't let this occupy much more of your time.

Get Joy cleaned up and go with honor.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm so sorry to hear this, Cat. That is an awful thing for them to do. Please don't feel ashamed. You have done nothing wrong. (((hugs)))
Old 10-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
Executive Chef

I'm so sorry to hear that these people hurt you, Cat. They only think it's funny because it happened to someone else. It would not be funny if it happened to them. It was mean of them to do this. You are such a good person who would not hurt others and didn't deserve this.

{{{{hugs}}}}
Old 10-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
I'm so sorry to learn of this, Cat.

The people who did this are insensitive and have "small" minds who think only of themselves.

Try to rise above this unnecessary act and hold your head up high. Anyone who would do such a childish thing belongs in nursery school not college. Don't let this occupy much more of your time.

Get Joy cleaned up and go with honor.
I cleaned her very well at the car wash. I took her to the one where you can wash your car with the sprayer and do this by hand. She is perfect again now.

I shall try to go above this. Thank you so very much, Katie H. And I shall try very hard to be away from this hurt. I received my new stove today, and this did make me happy.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What an immature thing to do! Yes, hold your head up, Cat, you did absolutely nothing wrong. {{{{hugs}}}}

And have fun with your new stove!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

I wouldn't say it's exactly funny either, at least not to you, but it is what's called a practical joke. They do not have these in Romania? It's an immature form of entertainment that is usually not so much fun to the person on the receiving end. Like pulling a chair out from someone sitting down, pushing someone into a lake, super gluing someone's lock so they can't get the key in...
As the saying goes, don't get mad, get even. In a good way. It is easy to cross the line, as it seems they have done.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this, Cat. That is an awful thing for them to do. Please don't feel ashamed. You have done nothing wrong. (((hugs)))
Thank you. ((hugs)) also to you. I am happy to know I am not alone of this.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that these people hurt you, Cat. They only think it's funny because it happened to someone else. It would not be funny if it happened to them. It was mean of them to do this. You are such a good person who would not hurt others and didn't deserve this.

{{{{hugs}}}}
Thank you. I was wondering if because I am different of them that they did this?

Thank you for your kindness to me, and ((hugs)) also to you.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #10
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
What an immature thing to do! Yes, hold your head up, Cat, you did absolutely nothing wrong. {{{{hugs}}}}

And have fun with your new stove!
Thank you. I shall try to hold up my head.

My new stove is very amazing! ((hugs)) to you also.

With love,
~Cat