TGI Fridays takes a chance on 'endless' appetizers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The other problem, Muller says, is the guests who will try to take unfair advantage of the promotion.

"The risk comes when a crowd of six, or more, decides to get together and pool their resources, all ordering one item and sharing," he says. "Then it is easy to predict that everyone will order at least six refills each, with plates being passed around."

I have a feeling they will be dealing with a LOT of that. . .

That's funny......my group of mostly old ladies (not me lol) go there often for lunch. $10.00 for unlimited appetizers would not be on anybody's want list in my group.

+1, Kayelle. Glenn and I love Fridays and we're far from 40.:ohmy::LOL:

It's an interesting concept and it will be fascinating to see how it plays out for them. Might be a plus for the after work and weekend night crowd.

+2. A family member is having chemo in a hospital near a TGIF down in the city. It's the closest place to go other than a fast food place. They've been really good about accommodating large groups of family with little kids. Maybe the single nightlife is another thing and they have a separate area.

I have been to Fridays twice. It was when they had just took up with the J. Daniels to use in their recipes. Now I don't drink, never had a drink in my life. So when I eat anything with alcohol in it, I can taste the alcohol immediately. And I spit it out. I try to do it ladylike, after all spitting out food in a restaurant when you are with other people, can be gross no matter how hard you try.

Then my grandson was dating a girl that worked there. She brought home a menu and just about every item had J. Daniels in the dish. That is when I decided to put Friday's on my no, no list. And that's to bad, because I really liked the place. :angel:

When I was flying all over the U.S. on company business I'd often just order a deluxe appetizer for dinner. Usually, that was enough to fill me up and then some.

I have been to Fridays twice. It was when they had just took up with the J. Daniels to use in their recipes. Now I don't drink, never had a drink in my life. So when I eat anything with alcohol in it, I can taste the alcohol immediately. And I spit it out. I try to do it ladylike, after all spitting out food in a restaurant when you are with other people, can be gross no matter how hard you try.

Then my grandson was dating a girl that worked there. She brought home a menu and just about every item had J. Daniels in the dish. That is when I decided to put Friday's on my no, no list. And that's to bad, because I really liked the place. :angel:

I don't think that means it's just a place for hip young singles. Many adults enjoy having wine or liquor as ingredients in food.

Wow, I bet you are the life of every party! ;)

When I was flying all over the U.S. on company business I'd often just order a deluxe appetizer for dinner. Usually, that was enough to fill me up and then some.

Agree. Many times when we go out to eat, I order from the appetizer menu.
In most cases one appetizer is enough to fill me up. A good example is the quesadilla's appetizer at Applebee's.
Its two 10" or bigger tortillas loaded with meat and cheese with sides of salsa, quacamole and sour cream. Plenty for one adult.

I don't think that means it's just a place for hip young singles. Many adults enjoy having wine or liquor as ingredients in food.

I drink beer with every meal. Every meal except breakfast. I don't eat breakfast! :LOL:
When we go out, the restaurant must serve beer or we don't go there.
I have beer with dinner here at home and also one(1) beer with lunch every single day.

Life of the party? Why? Because I choose not to have alcohol? I don't make a fuss about it. I just order a cup of coffee while others enjoy their choice. Since I only go out to eat with family, they know I don't drink, so it is never a problem. The wait person usually thinks I am the designated driver. :angel:

Life of the party? Why? Because I choose not to have alcohol? I don't make a fuss about it. I just order a cup of coffee while others enjoy their choice. Since I only go out to eat with family, they know I don't drink, so it is never a problem. The wait person usually thinks I am the designated driver. :angel:

It was meant to be funny. A little humor around here would go a long way.

Back
Top Bottom