Thank Goodness for Good Neighbors!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
James and I are out of town for three days (we will be home tomorrow night), so Cubbie has to stay outside. The neighbor boys are feeding him and giving him water. About half an hour ago my neighbor Donna came on MSN Messenger and asked where we are. I told her we are in Columbia because of a CAD seminar James had, and some other things he needed to do. I said I thought I had told her, but I should have double-checked.

Anyway, the reason she wanted to know where we were is that Cubbie had broken free and was running around. She puts milk out for cats and noticed that the milk kept disappearing this morning, and then they saw Cubbie. Her husband tied Cubbie up with a rope, but Cubbie chewed through it. Then an older couple she didn't know (I think they live at the end of our road, or visit people there) stopped and did something to fix the chain (at least it is holding for now). Donna said that Cubbie didn't seem to want to run off--he wanted to get in the house! I said he probably thinks I am in there. He usually stays in the house with me (he does go out for a few hours every day, unless the weather is bad), and the kitties are in there, so I'm sure he wanted to go play with them and sleep on our bed!

Thank goodness for good neighbors! We will have to find out who the older couple was so we can thank them!

:)Barbara

Thanks for sharing, Barbara. We hear so much in the news and such about people doing wrong and not enough of stories like this, and the person that left the wallet for pacanis to find.

Glad Cubbie was ok and cared for! Great neighbors you have there Barbara!

A lovely neighbourhood.

We had a good experience yesterday. Our garage is in a different block and when DW put her bike away last night, she put her handbag down but did not pick it up when she walked home. She was in a mjaor panic, not knowing where her bag was and there was a knock at the door and a man had picked up her bag, identified who owned it and brought it over. A great neighbour and an answer from God.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom