Thank you so much everyone at DC!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
{{{{{{Katie E}}}}} I shared this with VickiQ and I would like to share it with you - read it for your "girls" and read it with happiness and joy!!!!

Death is nothing at all;
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other that we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name;
speak to me in the same easy way you always used.
Put no deference into your tone; wear no forced air
of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little
jokes we enjoyed together.

Play...smile...think of me.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it always was;
there is absolutely unbroken continuity.

I am waiting for you, for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner
............and all is well...all is well

skilletlicker said:
Mudbug also speaks for me.
Katie, I have twice reviewed all your posts so as not to miss out on any of your wisdom and experience.

Wow, skilletlicker, you flatter me. I guess my nearly 50 years of cooking, reading about cooking and observing have not been for naught. I love what I do and am happy that most of our 5 children share my joy in cooking...and eating. Your comments give me great comfort.

kitchenelf said:
{{{{{{Katie E}}}}} I shared this with VickiQ and I would like to share it with you - read it for your "girls" and read it with happiness and joy!!!!

Death is nothing at all;
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other that we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name;
speak to me in the same easy way you always used.
Put no deference into your tone; wear no forced air
of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little
jokes we enjoyed together.

Play...smile...think of me.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it always was;
there is absolutely unbroken continuity.

I am waiting for you, for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner
............and all is well...all is well

Thank you. This really does say it all. I will keep it and treasure it. You are dear. Thanks again.

Katie. I am struggling to find words here. You have exactly shared how I feel about DC and I am so glad that you are here with us. You and Buck have added to our family so much and I am thrilled to hear we have helped you over a rough spot. This place has done that for me too. So many open arms and wise and generous hearts.

BTW, I didn't realize til I read this that you and Buck were a couple. *forehead slap*

BTW, I didn't realize til I read this that you and Buck were a couple. *forehead slap*[/quote]

Yeah, well, I don't always admit it. For obvious reasons.:LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for your thoughts. Everyone's comments have been wonderfully comforting. Nice and warm and cuddly.:flowers: :kiss:

i wasn't sure of it either. (slapping alix's forehead...)

k-t-e, glad to be your's and buck's new pals. :)

Katie - I'm so glad that we've become yet another season in your life. You, Buck and all who are here are what make this community such a warm and special place. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

Katie E & Buck;

You may have not been here long, but you're here to stay. You've added to this site by adding wit and humor. I enjoy good freinds, and everyone here, even though we may never meet in person, consider each other good freinds. It's the first place on the internet where I have seen people really act well toward one another. You are more than welcome here, and I'm glad you llike it.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom