"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 11-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Thanks Shannon,
me I'm thankful for the support you each gave me the other day, It really helped.It's such a relief knowing I have a place to come and talk when I need to and to also listen when others need to talk...I'm thankful for my 3 beautiful grandsons, who made me laugh and giggle today. For my 2 lovely grand daughters that came for a short visit yesterday..I give thanks for having a good day with my mom today, for the love of my kids and dh...for my health, and the new baby who will be joinging this circus in January..For being able to just live a happy life in a nice home and to be able to provide for my kids and help others when I can...These are some of the things I'm gratful for...

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:36 AM   #12
Cooking Links Contest Winner
Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Thanks everyone! Glad you like the thread! Funny how one day you can be so frustrated and see no end, then the next day offers a new perspective on life, a saving grace. I am luckily blessed with lots of those days, or maybe we just learn to see the positive through the negative. And I always have this nagging feeling to not take thankfulness for granted, bad karma! So far today, I am happy for the beautiful Kansas sunrise, and my little blue-eyed girl waking me with her rendition of "he's got the whole world in his hands" (positive), singing very loudly while she was in the shower at 6:30 am (negat-...... nah), which means I didn't have to drag her outta bed (positive) You all have a fabulous day!!!

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:12 AM   #13
Executive Chef
You all put me to shame - I just realized after all my mullygrubbin (is that a word?) this week, I never said how thankful I am to NOT have a week like that often. Most of the time I am a very happy person and hate to be in the dumps. Thanks for all the thumbs up and reminders that things are better right around the corner. Thanks a whole bunch!!!!!
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 03:47 PM   #14
Contest Winner

I am so Thankful to be able to share alittle of my life with you all and Open My Heart and POUR AS MUCH LOVE AS I HAVE ON YOU ALL ! Yes I save a Little for Barbara !
Now Saddle Up you all!
Attached Images

If you need a smile, take mine, I'll make a new one.
Maidrite is offline   Reply With Quote