Thankful after venting...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
ok ok, the venting thread is going very good. Enter drama>>> Waking up this morning, yesterday's events in the back of my mind (griping about work), and ready for a new day (at work).... I think to myself, how thankful I should be to even have a job. A job that allows me to live comfortably, to buy my daughter oooodles of clothes, to pay a telephone bill so I can call family, to be able to freely walk into my hometown grocer, buy anything I want, and also know everyone by name. Life is grand, simply.

What are you thankful for in spite of life's little speedbumps?

Shannon, thanks for starting this thread! We all need to slow down sometimes & remember what we're thankful for. For me, it's having a hubby who's willing to work twice as hard so I can be a stay at home mom, having 2 kids that really brighten my day no matter how bad I think it is, parents I can call on to help me when ever I need it, food on the table every day(even when it turns out to be not so good), being able to come here to share my heartache & triumphs, & last but not least, a life that is full of happy memories!

I HAVE BARBARA NEED I SAY MORE ! AND SHE GETS TO HAVE A "MAIDRITE DAY" EVERYDAY SO WE TRUELY ARE BLESSED ! :-p :LOL:

Oh lovely idea Shannon. I am thankful for so many things, good health, loving family and all the necessities of life. I do tend to get a bit caught up in my grumpiness sometimes, so thanks for reminding me to count my blessings.

Alix said:
Oh lovely idea Shannon. I am thankful for so many things, good health, loving family and all the necessities of life. I do tend to get a bit caught up in my grumpiness sometimes, so thanks for reminding me to count my blessings.

Alix, did you let your hubby come home:LOL:

I'm thankful for waking up every morning!
I'm thankful knowing that my kids will SOME day, MOVE!:LOL:
More thankful that my kids are healthy and are alive today!
I'm thankful that after almost 21 years of a hard marraige, we can still laugh with each other.

And last but NOT least, I'm thankful for finding all of you guys on DC!!

Paul. He's made all my dreams come true. I know that sounds silly but
it's really true. Because of him I have the life I'd always wanted. Loving and being loved.. I waited a life time. It was worth the wait.

David. Because even though he tries to act like he doesn't care
when either of us have a bad day we reach out for each other and we're always there.

My friends. The ones I see and talk to every day and all of you
who I "chat" with every day. It's so good to have people you care about.

My family. ( again THANKS to Paul) I have a family now that loves me
and accepts me for who I am. And they let me love them. Wow! What a feeling.

My kitty. If I'm mad at the world... she's always there to cuddle.

texasgirl said:
Alix, did you let your hubby come home:LOL:

Yep! And he is what puts colour into my life. I was pretty glad to see him. He can make everything better with just a hug.

Thanks Shannon,
me I'm thankful for the support you each gave me the other day, It really helped.It's such a relief knowing I have a place to come and talk when I need to and to also listen when others need to talk...I'm thankful for my 3 beautiful grandsons, who made me laugh and giggle today. For my 2 lovely grand daughters that came for a short visit yesterday..I give thanks for having a good day with my mom today, for the love of my kids and dh...for my health, and the new baby who will be joinging this circus in January..For being able to just live a happy life in a nice home and to be able to provide for my kids and help others when I can...These are some of the things I'm gratful for...
Kadesma

Thanks everyone! Glad you like the thread! Funny how one day you can be so frustrated and see no end, then the next day offers a new perspective on life, a saving grace. I am luckily blessed with lots of those days, or maybe we just learn to see the positive through the negative. And I always have this nagging feeling to not take thankfulness for granted, bad karma! So far today, I am happy for the beautiful Kansas sunrise, and my little blue-eyed girl waking me with her rendition of "he's got the whole world in his hands" (positive), singing very loudly while she was in the shower at 6:30 am (negat-...... nah), which means I didn't have to drag her outta bed (positive) You all have a fabulous day!!! :angel:

You all put me to shame - I just realized after all my mullygrubbin (is that a word?) this week, I never said how thankful I am to NOT have a week like that often. Most of the time I am a very happy person and hate to be in the dumps. Thanks for all the thumbs up and reminders that things are better right around the corner. Thanks a whole bunch!!!!!

I am so Thankful to be able to share alittle of my life with you all and Open My Heart and POUR AS MUCH LOVE AS I HAVE ON YOU ALL ! Yes I save a Little for Barbara !:ermm:
Now Saddle Up you all!

Attachments

• th-0898-0884.jpeg
    th-0898-0884.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom