"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #11
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thank you Dawg, MammaCat and Cat.
God bless us all this Thanksgiving day. And not just today but every day of our lives.

And thank you, my DC friends.

With love,
~Cat

Old 11-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #12
Master Chef

This year we welcomed a new daughter into the family when she married my son 2 weeks ago. She is sweet and they are so in love. It's cute to watch them together. I also finally am employed full time for the first time in 9 years. I'd been working piecemeal jobs here and there while going to school. Got my degree 3 years ago and state license the same year. I enjoy working with the kids and have a good classroom teacher to work with.

I've been blessed.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh, PF! Thankful for no chemo for you! Get that stupid tumor out!

{{{{PF}}}}}
+1
Old 11-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm thankful for the wonderfully caring and supportive husband I somehow had the wisdom to marry almost 30 years ago. I used to work with someone who had a heart attack at age 36; her husband left her because he couldn't handle it. With my health crisis of the last several years and having to leave my job last year, DH has gone above and beyond many times and we are closer than ever.

Kayelle and Jabbur, I'm thrilled about your new family members, and PF - good to hear your situation isn't more serious.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

There are too many things I am thankful for. Good health, a loving wife, grand kids, and (finally) a job that I truly enjoy, though I never saw it coming.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #16
Executive Chef

i am thankful this thanksgiving for america, a loving family, friends, and netflix. just as soon as pf's nasty tumor is safely removed, i will be thankful for that. i'll be thinking of you, pf, and sending positive vibes your way.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs PF))) Yikes! Best wishes for a speedy recovery when you have your surgery.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #18
Executive Chef

I am thankful to be alive and to live so close to my two sisters. Life certainly has its ups and downs and it feels great to be on an uptick. I just got back from a lovely dinner, surrounded by family and friends. I was responsible for the turkey and mashed potatoes for 25 and Alton Brown and I did good
Old 11-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #19
Wine Guy

You all have some wonderful stories. No major events this year, so I'll just say that I'm thankful to have a terrific family and many good friends.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:25 AM   #20
Master Chef

I'm thankful that so many of you have such wonderful stories to share. I hope this Thanksgiving made more happiness for all your lives.

I'm very thankful that for every major " event" in our lives we have had a safety net to catch us. We have food to share, financial stability (thanks Mom and Dad for beating budgets into me from the cradle), and are decently healthy for being on the dark side of 60. And I'm thankful for my DC friends - you bring me many chuckles, whether intended or not.