Thankful this year? Post it here..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Most of us are fortunate to have uncountable blessings to be thankful for, but what sets this year apart for you?

This is the place to share..

For me..

I have a new grand daughter from my younger second son, born just 4 days ago. This is his first child and he's 41 yrs. so this is a very big deal for all of us. The baby wasn't expected for two months and weighs only 3 lbs but is doing well and breathing on her own thanks to two shots to her mom a week ago, for lung development, knowing she would have an early birth. What a medical advancement for preemie babies, unknown 20 years ago.
Cheyenne Marie (I love her name) is my first grandchild in 20 years, and is welcomed with such open arms. We are an ever so thankful family.

Your turn.....

Last edited:
Congratulaltions, Kayelle! That is an exciting blessing, indeed! Many, many hugs and happy thoughts to you and your family.

I am grateful for a healthy, happy household. My kids are well and doing good things with their lives via work and college. My dogs and cat are nuts and completely out of control (as it should be.) We found a lump on the black lab which we had concerns about but it turns out to just be fatty mass, much like the lab herself. (Someone is due for a food cutback.)

We have good jobs, a roof over our heads and an embarrassment of riches in the larder and frig. Life is good. Giving thanks. Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Aww, congrats, Grandma Kayelle and Grandpa DH of Kayelle! What a wonderful little Thanksgiving present!

Baby Bro was 40 when he and his wife had their first baby. Even at 7 lbs, she was born early and considered a preemie, and kept ripping off her c-pap thingy.

Last edited:
Congratulations Gramma Kayelle and Grampa Steve!

I am thankful that I haven't had any emergencies happen with Shrek.

Shrek and I are also thankful that the malignant mass that was found in my abdomen on November 5th, was found to be isolated and surgery only will take care of it. No Chemo! I still don't know when I am going for surgery but it should be in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the support, you know who you are.

Oh, PF! Thankful for no chemo for you! Get that stupid tumor out!

{{{{PF}}}}}

Congratulations Gramma Kayelle and Grampa Steve!

I am thankful that I haven't had any emergencies happen with Shrek.

Shrek and I are also thankful that the malignant mass that was found in my abdomen on November 5th, was found to be isolated and surgery only will take care of it. No Chemo! I still don't know when I am going for surgery but it should be in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the support, you know who you are.

We're keeping you very close to us in prayer. God bless you.

MammaCat and Cat

I am thankful for a most loving husband who loves me unconditionally and who is so sweet and caring.

I feel blessed so much because I had Buck for so long that I think he sent Glenn to me.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

I am thankful for a most loving husband who loves me unconditionally and who is so sweet and caring.

I feel blessed so much because I had Buck for so long that I think he sent Glenn to me.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

I must say this:

Buck loved you so very much, you see. He did not wish for you to be alone in your life.
Glenn is so very nice and you are of such closeness with him.

If I ever marry, I will make sure I have that special closeness with him before I marry. If not, I'll remember this and I'll wait for someone else.

It is Thanksgiving, Katie. I am thankful for Buck and Glenn for you.

With love,
~Cat

This year we welcomed a new daughter into the family when she married my son 2 weeks ago. She is sweet and they are so in love. It's cute to watch them together. I also finally am employed full time for the first time in 9 years. I'd been working piecemeal jobs here and there while going to school. Got my degree 3 years ago and state license the same year. I enjoy working with the kids and have a good classroom teacher to work with.

I've been blessed.

I'm thankful for the wonderfully caring and supportive husband I somehow had the wisdom to marry almost 30 years ago. I used to work with someone who had a heart attack at age 36; her husband left her because he couldn't handle it. With my health crisis of the last several years and having to leave my job last year, DH has gone above and beyond many times and we are closer than ever.

Kayelle and Jabbur, I'm thrilled about your new family members, and PF - good to hear your situation isn't more serious.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!

There are too many things I am thankful for. Good health, a loving wife, grand kids, and (finally) a job that I truly enjoy, though I never saw it coming.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.

i am thankful this thanksgiving for america, a loving family, friends, and netflix. just as soon as pf's nasty tumor is safely removed, i will be thankful for that. i'll be thinking of you, pf, and sending positive vibes your way.

I am thankful to be alive and to live so close to my two sisters. Life certainly has its ups and downs and it feels great to be on an uptick. I just got back from a lovely dinner, surrounded by family and friends. I was responsible for the turkey and mashed potatoes for 25 and Alton Brown and I did good:yum:

I'm thankful that so many of you have such wonderful stories to share. I hope this Thanksgiving made more happiness for all your lives.

I'm very thankful that for every major ":ohmy: event" in our lives we have had a safety net to catch us. We have food to share, financial stability (thanks Mom and Dad for beating budgets into me from the cradle), and are decently healthy for being on the dark side of 60. And I'm thankful for my DC friends - you bring me many chuckles, whether intended or not. ;)

Back
Top Bottom