Thanksgiving 2008 - what are you thankful for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Normally, my motto is that "I would never join a club that would have me as a member"

But after reading through this thread, I realize what an extraordinary group of folks I've associated myself with.

Such an easy question, yet it takes so long to actually answer it.

I have so much love in my life, how could I not be appreciative of that? My children are happy, my ex husband is happy, my parents have good health, Lou and I are more in love as each day passes.

I have reasons to laugh every day. I see beautiful sunrises and sunsets, regardless of all the buildings in the area. I've been adopted by a stray cat who seems to really dig living in my yard. I eat, drink and live well...which is more than many people can say.

I also have so much to be thankful for that i could probably spend the entire day making out a list.

I am thankful for:

My family
My friends
My husband
My children
My grandchildren
My pets
My home
My life
My freedom to speak
My freedom to choose
The food i have to eat

The list could just go on and on.

First and foremost, I'm thankful for DH - he's been there for me in more ways than I can remember. After that:

- Since I don't have good health, I'm thankful for my job and the very good health insurance that comes with it, as well as the excellent doctors and nurses who always do their best, for me and all their patients.
- I'm thankful that we both still have our jobs.
- I'm thankful for our families and wish we could be with them this holiday (they're all out of state).
- I'm thankful for our friends and fur babies.
- I'm thankful for the life we have - everything we need and then some, good food and drink and a mild climate ;)

i'm thankful fer so much-

people who look you in the eye, family, my kitties, SCHOOOL!!!, holidays. togetherness. jake. bubble baths. stuff that smells delish. laughter. candy. hugs. love.

Right now I am thankful to my Mom and all the other people out there putting in the OT and working away to make an unbelievable and probably underappreciated Thanksgiving dinner for their loved ones.... I'ts past midnight and I am still working on my contribution which is only a couple of pies (for Mom) and 2 cobblers (for Dad, we do breakfast)... I can't even imagine what mom is up to being largley responsible for a multi course Italian-American feast.... Antipasti, Lasagna w/Meatballs & Sausage... Stuffed Artichokes etc + Turkey multiple stuffings and side dishses.. getting the house ready setting the table for 20-30 guests... Every family has one person who really goes all out to make this day happen... Thanks to that person everywhere.

I am personally thankful to have found a new job and one I like... especially in this economy... I am Thankful for to my dad for sacrificing his extra car to me so I can get there (my truck is virtually dead)

I am thankful to all of my extended family for always being behind me and I am excited to see them tomorrow. I am especially thankful for all my brothers who are all so different but all great people in their own way.

I am thankful that my cousin (mid 20s) who had a brain tumor removed several months ago is doing well... she's a trooper.

I am thankful for the dogsitter who is going to take care of my boys tomorrow because they were NOT invited to dinner.

I am thankful for all the awesome Ideas I get from this forum... cooking is the one thing can do that is totally absorbing so I cant worry about anything else.

I have opened and closed this thread so many times! I have so much to be thankful for that I just didn't know where to begin (or rather, where to end!). This will not be a complete list, by a longshot, but I am thankful for:

My relationship with God.
My husband, who is the most wonderful man in the world.
My daughter Nancy, who proves that maybe I didn't totally mess up motherhood after all.
My grandkids Andrew, Hannah, and "Soon-to-Be." Cute as can be, incredibly smart, caring, and just goofy enough.
My dad, my sister, and my nephew.
My step-daughter Anna, who hugged me goodbye when we left to finish our vacation.
My best friend Christi and her family.
My church family.
My wonderful DC family. You all have gotten me through so much!
My babies, Cubbie, Tony, and Carlos.
Friends.
Living in a wonderful country.
Living on a beautiful planet.
Our little acre portion of the Earth.
There are so many more things I am thankful for, but the last one I will mention is that I am thankful for all the little blessings I receive every day. Things that can be easily overlooked if I were to take things for granted. :cool:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

:)Barbara

my family, especially having Mom back in decent shape after being sure we'd lose her last year
my friends
decent health for both my husband and me
a nice home and a nice home town

i am thankfull that wal mart was open today ..
because my stupid dog pulled my
mrs smiths cinnabon apple pie off the counter last night
and ate it ..

I am truly thankful for my LORD
my dh who has been busting his chops trying to help me
My two beautiful girls who have done all the work for this special day
for 4 beautiful children i will get to love on all day today...
a Wonderful dinner
the peace that comes as I look at all my favorite people
the love that fills my heart as I think of all of you
May we all be thankful each and every day that we have each other to vent to, to celebrate, and smile..Happy Thanksgiving to all of you
kadesma

I am grateful for the most basic things...food, shelter and relative safety...that so many people in this world do not have.

I am grateful for my family's health and happiness, and thank The Almighty for pulling my grandson out his addiction and giving him a new life.

I am grateful for this great country of ours, and pray that we can all work together to solve it's problems.

I am grateful for all my dear friends, and for my wonderful husband, who makes my world a better place.

I could basically say "what y'all already said" -

I'm thankful for good health and a good job that has health insurance, the basic necessities of life like a roof over my head, hot water in the pipes, and a comfy bed to sleep in, and most of all my beloved husband, my precious son and his wife who are living their dream life, and the silly furballs that make me laugh everyday.

My hubby is my rock and we have truly learned in 31+ years about "for better, for worse". We always look forward to tomorrow being better and a lot of times, it could be a lot worse. That is something to be thankful for!

And of course, I'm grateful that this forum is such a welcoming, warm place to share ideas about food and drink, and life. ((hugs)) to you all.

Back
Top Bottom