"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 11-24-2008, 01:26 AM   #21
Sous Chef
Normally, my motto is that "I would never join a club that would have me as a member"

But after reading through this thread, I realize what an extraordinary group of folks I've associated myself with.

Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park!!!
smoke king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 AM   #22
Sous Chef
I am thankful for everything I have because there are so many peoples, who don't got enough food to eat.

radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #23
Executive Chef
Such an easy question, yet it takes so long to actually answer it.

I have so much love in my life, how could I not be appreciative of that? My children are happy, my ex husband is happy, my parents have good health, Lou and I are more in love as each day passes.

I have reasons to laugh every day. I see beautiful sunrises and sunsets, regardless of all the buildings in the area. I've been adopted by a stray cat who seems to really dig living in my yard. I eat, drink and live well...which is more than many people can say.
How can we sleep while our beds are burning???
VeraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #24
Executive Chef
I also have so much to be thankful for that i could probably spend the entire day making out a list.

I am thankful for:

My family
My friends
My husband
My children
My grandchildren
My pets
My home
My life
My freedom to speak
My freedom to choose
The food i have to eat

The list could just go on and on.
Eat, Drink, Laugh and be Happy.
lifesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:16 AM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
First and foremost, I'm thankful for DH - he's been there for me in more ways than I can remember. After that:

- Since I don't have good health, I'm thankful for my job and the very good health insurance that comes with it, as well as the excellent doctors and nurses who always do their best, for me and all their patients.
- I'm thankful that we both still have our jobs.
- I'm thankful for our families and wish we could be with them this holiday (they're all out of state).
- I'm thankful for our friends and fur babies.
- I'm thankful for the life we have - everything we need and then some, good food and drink and a mild climate
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #26
Master Chef
i'm thankful fer so much-

people who look you in the eye, family, my kitties, SCHOOOL!!!, holidays. togetherness. jake. bubble baths. stuff that smells delish. laughter. candy. hugs. love.
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:23 PM   #27
Sous Chef
Right now I am thankful to my Mom and all the other people out there putting in the OT and working away to make an unbelievable and probably underappreciated Thanksgiving dinner for their loved ones.... I'ts past midnight and I am still working on my contribution which is only a couple of pies (for Mom) and 2 cobblers (for Dad, we do breakfast)... I can't even imagine what mom is up to being largley responsible for a multi course Italian-American feast.... Antipasti, Lasagna w/Meatballs & Sausage... Stuffed Artichokes etc + Turkey multiple stuffings and side dishses.. getting the house ready setting the table for 20-30 guests... Every family has one person who really goes all out to make this day happen... Thanks to that person everywhere.

I am personally thankful to have found a new job and one I like... especially in this economy... I am Thankful for to my dad for sacrificing his extra car to me so I can get there (my truck is virtually dead)

I am thankful to all of my extended family for always being behind me and I am excited to see them tomorrow. I am especially thankful for all my brothers who are all so different but all great people in their own way.

I am thankful that my cousin (mid 20s) who had a brain tumor removed several months ago is doing well... she's a trooper.

I am thankful for the dogsitter who is going to take care of my boys tomorrow because they were NOT invited to dinner.

I am thankful for all the awesome Ideas I get from this forum... cooking is the one thing can do that is totally absorbing so I cant worry about anything else.
PanchoHambre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:06 AM   #28
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I have opened and closed this thread so many times! I have so much to be thankful for that I just didn't know where to begin (or rather, where to end!). This will not be a complete list, by a longshot, but I am thankful for:

My relationship with God.
My husband, who is the most wonderful man in the world.
My daughter Nancy, who proves that maybe I didn't totally mess up motherhood after all.
My grandkids Andrew, Hannah, and "Soon-to-Be." Cute as can be, incredibly smart, caring, and just goofy enough.
My dad, my sister, and my nephew.
My step-daughter Anna, who hugged me goodbye when we left to finish our vacation.
My best friend Christi and her family.
My church family.
My wonderful DC family. You all have gotten me through so much!
My babies, Cubbie, Tony, and Carlos.
Living in a wonderful country.
Living on a beautiful planet.
Our little acre portion of the Earth.
There are so many more things I am thankful for, but the last one I will mention is that I am thankful for all the little blessings I receive every day. Things that can be easily overlooked if I were to take things for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:17 AM   #29
Master Chef
my family, especially having Mom back in decent shape after being sure we'd lose her last year
my friends
decent health for both my husband and me
a nice home and a nice home town
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #30
Head Chef
i am thankfull that wal mart was open today ..
because my stupid dog pulled my
mrs smiths cinnabon apple pie off the counter last night
and ate it ..

love2"Q" is offline   Reply With Quote